Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East stand - Is it REALLY crap or what?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
We've been in the East stand for the past 2 years, it's OK, view is fine, and it saves a couple of quid. That said, we are moving to the comfortable delights of the North Stand for next season, no more soggy nights.

(BTW, I know the rain falls sideways into the North Stand :laugh:)

Even closer to the bar then Phil!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
What's it to be then Wilko?

I am easy boss, I have filled in the form and will drop it round to your tonight, just tick the south stand or east stand depending on where you want to go, I don't mind as long as I am sitting next to you :love:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I would say that the East Stand is only crap if The Albion are playing crap.

So on balance, that'll be a YES IT'S CRAP then. :(

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Upgrade to the middle of the North - well worth it - great view and you can avoid the types on this messageboard

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I've always said they should charge just £15.00 for the East. It's miles from the pitch so is not worth over £20.00 plus, having that cheaper option gives scope to some who cannot afford the full price.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
As a family stand regular who has also sat in every other part of the ground ( bar the away end ) at some point or another, I would opt for the centre of the South Stand if money was no object.

I find :

The family stand is good for it's lack of moaners, kids enjoying themselves and creating some sort of atmosphere, and the view isn't all that bad really.

The North stand is good for it's closeness to the pitch and the attempt at shelter from the elements.

The South stand has the view, you get to clap the manager over to the dug out and I feel that's where the 'action' is at if you know what I mean ? But the real clincher for me is that I really like hearing the players talk to each other on the pitch, and I just don't get hardly any of that in the family stand. Whilst you can also hear the players' calls from the North stand, the atmosphere ( granted, withdean doesn't really have one anyway ) is so dead it's depressing.

Next season I will continue, purely for financial reasons, to sit in the family stand and go in the South stand for all the JPT and any other cheap ticket games.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Yep its OK, moved from the south D, a couple of years ago, so bored with the same seat, surrounded by the same people for 8 bloody years! (just one of the many problems with seated stadiums!) the East is rarely full, so sit where you want applies and when it is, has decent atmosphere and as a bonus Gullies Girls sit there too! If only the whole singing section moved there we'd have it rocking every game, where the singing supporters should be, behind the goal. Come and us, come and join us.............:bigwave:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I have sat in the family stand when i got free tickets to City and Derby. Its so-so. Not really worth the switch. The atmosphere is horrid at times (in the FS atleast, some parents have issues with supporting the team vocally). I wouldn't recomend it. H Block surely wins it? I was going to go east because it was cheaper, but then the H block inticed me after i got told to shut up when we were playing Carslile (or however its spelt) on the A block, and thought why pay to be told to shut up??

EDIT: I forgot to mention Orient in the JPT in the FS and the shut up business is not a slur on to the East, its a reason for the H block being the best block in the stadium. :)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here