Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Early first impressions on the new signings?

Ferdi - all Turkish, no delight;
O’Reilly - can’t ride a pussy challenge;
Wiefer - ex Eredevisie, what else do you need to know
Minteh - Geordie reject
Gruda - sicknote
Giorginio - don’t trust anyone who uses his Christian name

It’s all hopeless.

Weir - OUT
Hürezeler - OUT
Barber - OUT

TB can stay to turn the lights out.

I’m sad to read this cos I really miss the legendary Ernest posts

Last edited:

The only one that worries me this early is Wieffer, whose technique is competing with Estupian’s to drive me up the wall.

All the others look decent and have already shown good signs of why we bought them, admittedly we need to see more end product but quite hopeful that will come when Fab finally decides what his best team is (and we pick up a pacey centre back in January)

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
The only one that worries me this early is Wieffer, whose technique is competing with Estupian’s to drive me up the wall.

All the others look decent and have already shown good signs of why we bought them, admittedly we need to see more end product but quite hopeful that will come when Fab finally decides what his best team is (and we pick up a pacey centre back in January)
What?.. even Minteh??.... he looked very useful at Goodison, but since then has made a career out of falling over and handing the ball back to the opposition.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I was impressed with Rutter yesterday as I was last weekend, I think that even at 40m it will prove to be a good bit of business.
Yes, definitely has something about him.
Weiffer is a concern. Looks ponderous and lacking confidence. We are going to have to be patient with him as he needs to adapt but for £30m I was expecting more.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Far too early to judge. As I've said before Baleba and Adingra didn't look much last season but have flourished after a year.

It will take time for the new lads (many also quite young) to adapt and adjust to the hardest league in the world.

We just have to be patient and one suspects that 3 or 4 of them by next season we'll be raving about, and 1 or 2 just won't work out. That's the nature of the game. If we really expected all the new players to hit the ground running they would be valued at twice the price we paid for them.

I'm personally just looking forward to seeing them develop over this transitional season. Looking forward to seeing Gruda at some point, O'Reilly when he recovers and we also have Gomez to come in January (just 3 months away). If we could just add a new center back and maybe a right back in January then we should have a squad with real potential, and just maybe we will have to wait until next season for this to fully come to fruition.

Glass very much half full for me. Enjoy the ride and don't get too upset when results like yesterday happen.

What?.. even Minteh??.... he looked very useful at Goodison, but since then has made a career out of falling over and handing the ball back to the opposition.
Yep even Minteh, he’s a young player with lots of potential to get better - he’s way ahead of his development curve in terms of game time at this very high level. Worth noting that when Adingra, also a very good player, was very ineffective last week, we don’t all rush to say what a waste

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Yep even Minteh, he’s a young player with lots of potential to get better - he’s way ahead of his development curve in terms of game time at this very high level. Worth noting that when Adingra, also a very good player, was very ineffective last week, we don’t all rush to say what a waste
No, because we have witnessed Adingra for us and internationally, deliver on any number of occasions.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
TBH, I can't see any £200m quids-worth of improvement there yet. All might come good, but even with the bluest-and-white striped glasses on, it hasn't happened yet. Is there another Mahmoud Dahoud or two in there somewhere? Looks very possible....................
How can you possibly tell from the limited time they have played so far 🤣

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
The early injuries have really stuffed up our season start.
Patchwork at present and trying to get by.
I hope taking time to gel doesn't disguise a free fall down the table.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I think we can forget about a place in Europe next season, and realistically accept that it is going to take longer than originally hoped or expected for the new signings to adjust and gel, and for Fabian to impose a coherent style on our play, especially as the high press is proving disastrous.

The Observer's report of the Chelsea game was scathing of the high line, and claimed that we produced one of the worst defensive displays the PL has ever seen!

I think we need to accept that this is a transition season, in which a mid-table finish will hopefully provide the basis for a top 7 challenge next season.

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The Observer's match report of the Chelsea game was scathing of the high press, and claimed that we produced one of the worst defensive displays the PL has ever seen!
Not great at SB but that’s utter balls. Off the top of my head, Villa and Sunderland defended worse than that for about 3-4 entire seasons between them! And there will be many more examples.

Bit like the Times saying we ‘collapsed’ again when Chelsea had their second goal disallowed. Ignoring the fact that the defence for both had worked the offside trap perfectly. Imagine how bad the great George Graham Arsenal ‘offside’ defence would have looked if the move was always allowed to develop before the flag went up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here