Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Early first impressions on the new signings?

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Ferdi - Very early days but looks quality for us already. Fast and hard working, got skills and a football brain.
Wieffer - Struggled a bit, think it'll take him a while to adapt the Premier League, but there have been glimmers of what he's about. Optimistic.
Georginio - Great on the ball, seems very determined. Going to be a real asset this season.
Minteh - Gets a lot of criticism, but I think he's just young, raw and learning - a fast, skillful and a dangerous player, I think he'll become brilliant

Gruda/O'Rilly TBC

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
First impression is that they're all very unused to the high tempo of the PL and how little time with the ball you have.

On a brighter side I think they've all shown there's a good chance they'll grow in to it. Bits and pieces of high quality.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Gruda looks great on the highlights real...

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
you forgot to mention the manager.................needs to get up to speed with the Prem, not defend from the halfway line with the slow defenders we have ?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I like Giorgino, he’s got something about him and you can also tell he’s the only one who’s played in England as he’s much more up to speed with the game.

Only other one I’ve seen much of is Minteh but he’s clearly raw and seems (rightly) to have dropped back behind Adingra in the pecking order, but there’s obviously talent there and will probably be the Mitoma replacement as a starting winger next season (albeit on the other side).

Not seen enough of the others live to form a judgement.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Ferdi - all Turkish, no delight;
O’Reilly - can’t ride a pussy challenge;
Wiefer - ex Eredevisie, what else do you need to know
Minteh - Geordie reject
Gruda - sicknote
Giorginio - don’t trust anyone who uses his Christian name

It’s all hopeless.

Weir - OUT
Hürezeler - OUT
Barber - OUT

TB can stay to turn the lights out.
I've booked a minibus.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I watched on app notifications today and I thought they were all SHITEHOUSE.

Get rid asap.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's way too early to make any meaningful judgement on any of them.

unlike Chelsea/liverpool/Arse'n'spuds players who we gave away for pytants and were all world class when they arrived, fact innit

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
TBH, I can't see any £200m quids-worth of improvement there yet. All might come good, but even with the bluest-and-white striped glasses on, it hasn't happened yet. Is there another Mahmoud Dahoud or two in there somewhere? Looks very possible....................

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
TBH, I can't see any £200m quids-worth of improvement there yet. All might come good, but even with the bluest-and-white striped glasses on, it hasn't happened yet. Is there another Mahmoud Dahoud or two in there somewhere? Looks very possible....................
Probably because if you sign 8 players some will flop. That's football.
I suspect they will all come good, though.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I said in the “rate our summer” thread that it felt like a 6/10 summer, that could become a 2/10 or a 10/10 summer. I really don’t know which way it’ll go, and I suspect we won’t know for 2-3 years as many of the new signings were bought to replace the players we already have. But basically, nothing has changed since the first assessment - they’re all on a 6/10 at the moment for me and all could go either way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here