Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ear Syringing

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
My GPs surgery don't do syringing, stating it can be dangerous. They use a vacuum device now, which I have to say is quite unpleasant. I used to enjoy the syringe way.

Agree about the vacuuming - I find it painfully noisy, that's why I don't have it done very often. Thinking about it now makes me wince.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
I put the same kinda thread up just before Christmas regarding this issue (be fooked if I can find it on the search function though). I was dreading having it done but was completely pissed off with not being able to hear outta me right lug hole. Had syringing done and was surprised to find it was actually quite a nice experience and gave me awesome results. I now highly recommend ear syringing to anyone having the same problem as I had.
:thumbsup:

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
I put the same kinda thread up just before Christmas regarding this issue (be fooked if I can find it on the search function though). I was dreading having it done but was completely pissed off with not being able to hear outta me right lug hole. Had syringing done and was surprised to find it was actually quite a nice experience and gave me awesome results. I now highly recommend ear syringing to anyone having the same problem as I had.
:thumbsup:

Where did you go to get it done please? or is it a proceedure that your GP will do?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Think it has to be done at the surgery. GPs tend to not want to do it at all if they can avoid it, I think it generally isn't the best thing for your ears, more of a last resort. Mine will only do it if I have done the oil for a week thing, and then only if it is seriously blocked.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Had hearing problems when I was younger, and had my ears syringed a few times. Slightly nervous first time round, but there was nothing to worry about really. Quite satisfying, get a real squeaky clean feeling in your ear-drums and as has been said - your hearing will be spectacular for a while after having them done.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The only time my ears get blocked, is after a flight.

We got some stuff in the US, and it was like a school volcano project. Apparently my ear was projectile spewing and foaming away.
Wifey loved it.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
It depends if your ear is blocked enough tbh mate. If it is then get to your docs, they will tell ya to plop some drops of olive oil in them a couple of times a day right up until you have the procedure done.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I want mine done after reading this, it sounds brilliant. There must be clinics that you can just walk into and have it done?

Your local GP surgery should be able to do it. Obviously ask before booking an appointment and be sure to use warm olive oil over a few nights before you go.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here