Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

E Mail help

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I run Windows 7 and have never emptied my trash folder of e mails. It must contain at least 1000 e mails, if not a lot more. When trying to empty it en bloc a message comes up an error occurred while deleting e mails. Is here any other way I can delete them short of individually selecting each one and deleting it in bundles of about 20

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
my e mail address is @:talktalk.net

client refers to the program you use to receive/read your emails my guess is you use windows mail?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
What happens when you try and delete say 20 at a time? If that works go to 50 etc

There'll be an option for emptying your trash every week/month you'll need to check that once through this

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If it's Windows Mail try highlighting one mail and do Ctrl-A and then Ctrl-D. Although it looks like the program is jamming through too much command. I assume your computer is a little bit old?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
To be honest [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] you don't really need to delete anything, makes no difference really, the program can handle as many emails as you want to have. So long as you process it correctly, i.e. by date first, it makes no odds to have them all?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have managed to empty the trash folder by clicking on 1 mail and then holding down the shift key and dragging down, thus emptying about 500 each time.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
To be honest [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] you don't really need to delete anything, makes no difference really, the program can handle as many emails as you want to have. So long as you process it correctly, i.e. by date first, it makes no odds to have them all?

In Outlook, PST files greater than 2 Gb misbehave - good housekeeping should be recommended - so delete your deleted folder content, eg monthly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here