Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

E-Cash Top Up - Why don't people use it more?

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I think it's great, very rarely do I use cash and it's only when I use the mobile beer pumps. Does anyone know whether these e-card only queues are being trialled in North stand? I'm in WSU and haven't noticed them?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
All these early-season horror stories of people being charged multiple times over by gormless serving staff put me right off I'm afraid. Might give it a go next season.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm another in the "I always use the E-Top Up and have never had a problem" camp. And the E-Cash only tills that have popped up in the East are fantastic to see. The having cash to spend on the ST card is another reason why I'm reluctant to lend it to anyone. Happily, of the 3 people who have borrowed my card, none have used the E-Cash. Yet.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Another "always use it without a problem" from me.

On the thing where you can pay with cash and still get the 10% back that makes sense in the shop, although not on the concourse. On the concourse it's generally small transactions and you want them to be quick, so encouraging e-cash payment makes sense. However, in the shop it seems silly to put say £30 on to immediately spend it on a top or something.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Always use it. I did have a problem at one point but the ticket office reissued me with a new card and no probs since then. It will be the cheapest pint of harveys you'll get in town if you use the card and the 10th one will be free! I would be interested to know the figures on e-cash usage at the Amex, does anyone have any idea what they are?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I know it is, what I meant was, I don't really know, I just don't like the site! Perhaps I should go out more...

I know what you mean, its a pain having to enter your address, credit card number etc etc when surely it should only be a case, like 90% of other websites, to store your credit/debit card info and just enter a password/pin.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Never had a problem using it, topping up online and in the shop.

A rather curious point though: if you pay cash, you can still present your card and accrue cashback. This doesn't seem to be quite right.

I did it last time, but the time before they said it would not work. I 'know' somebody who works in the club shop and says it will work on any purchase.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anybody know how easy is it to get a genuine up-f*** reversed out? Couldn't really be arsed to spend much time arguing the toss that I never bought eight pies and eight pints in the space of half a minute.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Use and never had a problem.

Not seen the e-cash only tills in the east though. Where are they? I use the bar by block F but having said that did not use it at Derby and I was on holiday for Cardiff and Pompey.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
I use it- it has generally worked well and I am glad to see some staff now facing the machines outwards so they never actually have to touch my precious season ticket.

Have twice been told the system is broken so I also take cash just in case. I hope they will eventually get machines at the program selling kiosks, but maybe it isn't possible/too costly.

And I also once got an e-mail telling me I needed to top up when in fact I had a fair bit of credit. I checked with the club in case it was a phishing scam and they replied that is wasn't phishing, it was just a bit of a balls up. No harm done though.

The top up site is pretty straight forward. Can't see a problem there at all.

Overall, a good system and everyone should use it. Keep up the good work.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I use it every game, no problems, just bought an away shirt as a present got 20% off with SEAS12 code, paid online with the e-card and got 10% cash back, a new shirt for under £30 great value.

My only gripe is you cannot use it to buy programmes and lottery tickets on the concourse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here