Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

E-Cash Top Up - Why don't people use it more?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The other night at the Derby game and whilst waiting to get my regular Pie & a Pint it struck me how many people still seemed to pay by cash at the tills rather than use their season ticket card.

I know this involves topping it up on-line or via the shop but with the 10% discount credited back within the next 24 hours to your card I was surprised by how many people didn't seem bothered.

With a bit of food and a programme (that I buy from the shop) I spend at least £10 each game and it may only equate to £1 back but after a season it still adds up. In the club shop a couple of matches back a season ticket holder in front of me spent just shy of £200 on kit for his 2 sons and various other bits of merchandise and paid by cash. Even the lad on the till said 'I can put the £200 on your card, then let you use your card to pay for the goods giving him £20 off but he said 'no I'll just pay cash!' Why ? With at least 16000 season ticket holders why wouldn't you want 10% back on everything you spend?

Just wondering how many others are not bothered. Maybe I'm being tight but with costs of just about everything going up quicker than my salary I'll accept a 10% discount any day of the week. Plus it only takes a couple of minutes to do on-line.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I had problems trying to top up online so went into the store to put some money on but that involved queueing for a long time. The club need to sort out the top up problems.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Works fine for me everytime and use it when I purchase goodies or beers

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Never had a problem using it, topping up online and in the shop.

A rather curious point though: if you pay cash, you can still present your card and accrue cashback. This doesn't seem to be quite right.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Never had a problem using it, topping up online and in the shop.

A rather curious point though: if you pay cash, you can still present your card and accrue cashback. This doesn't seem to be quite right.

That is very strange and would suggest a fault however will do that next time

D

Deleted User X18H

Have gone to use it three times ans each time been told it's not working to day.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Worked fine for both my card and my son’s, so we used our cards quite a lot. Then we got emails saying my son’s balance was £0.00 when he had credit on his card, and my email said my balance was less than I knew it should be.

We now check our balances frequently – I can see these types of incidents knocking some supporters confidence in the system.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Obviously a few glitches then in the system - I must admit I have had no problem and each time I've spent using the card (sad as it might seem) the next day I log on to my E-Cash account and the credit of £0.65 for my Pie & a Pint or £2.00 if I have spent £20 in the shows shows as a credit. I've had no problem at all and have had nearly £30 this season in credits from my spends so far on Kit, food, programmes etc.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Used mine all season only once did I not get cash back but about a week later my account was manually adjusted for it without me even making a request.

I think its a brilliant setup even without the cashback as it means you don't have to always remember to bring cash. And now they have ecard only queues at the kiosks its even bettet.

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Obviously a few glitches then in the system - I must admit I have had no problem and each time I've spent using the card (sad as it might seem) the next day I log on to my E-Cash account and the credit of £0.65 for my Pie & a Pint or £2.00 if I have spent £20 in the shows shows as a credit. I've had no problem at all and have had nearly £30 this season in credits from my spends so far on Kit, food, programmes etc.

I don't even do this - just keep your eye on the till screen when you pay and you'll see your balance drop, then top back up with the 10% to your new balance.

Have to say I've never had a problem and have found topping up really easy. Don't mind that not everyone else does it as it means a nice short queue for me at the e-top up queue when I want my pint!

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Always top my card up before the game and now it's pretty quick and easy.

Had quite a few problems when it first started. Whole thing used to go into meltdown and freeze up my computer, but that seems to have been sorted now.

Adds up to quite a bit with the discount over a season, so paying cash really doesn't make sense unless you're loaded.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Yeah, I use it everytime and it works a treat.

I don't know why you wouldn't do it - i've probably had about £30-35 back so far this season

If you top it up with a cash-back credit card, its even better value!

kano

Jun 17, 2011
Started the season by putting £50 on the card a couple of times....became frustrated with the queues and started using the bottle boys instead so stopped topping up.

I noticed at derby a dedicated ecash till appear in the north stand which is what I thought was the plan when i first topped up...if they stick with that then ill probably top it up next season and give it another go

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
The credit card thing still seems like a loop hole to me. I use a Tesco card which gives me Clubcard points for every top up.

Does make you wonder about topping up with a huge stack of cash and then just asking the club for a refund from your ecash card

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The credit card thing still seems like a loop hole to me. I use a Tesco card which gives me Clubcard points for every top up.

Does make you wonder about topping up with a huge stack of cash and then just asking the club for a refund from your ecash card

I am pretty certain you cannot get a refund of cash on your ecash card otherwise everyone would buy in to the bank of Tony

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I think the top up site and the ticket site for that matter could be a little more user friendly. I know it's not rocket science but I just feel if it was smoother and quicker I would use it more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here