Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

E Card Auto Top-Up. Anyone Have a Problem Last Night?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I knew I was getting towards my £5 lower limit, but didn't expect a problem because it automatically tops up to £ 30 when I reach that amount. Last night, it didn't auto top up when I spent £ 6.80 taking me below my fiver.
Anyone else, or just me?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
No problems for me, my wife bought a hat in the shop which took me below my minimum balance it was topped up a few minutes later when I got the the kiosk in the NS

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Mine topped itself up straight away. Its buggered me up as I could do with that £30 in my bank atm, not sitting idle on my card. Shouldn't have bought that last pint after the game:censored::rant:

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I have seen people have problems with this system. If for example you had £6.70 on your card and tried to spend £6.80 it will not let you. It seems that setting a low top up level can leave people susceptible to being unable to make even small purchases as the balance left on a card can be correspondingly low.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I've had loads of problems, I was told by a member of staff that many people have had issues with it and I'd be better not using it.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Thanks everyone. I think I'll raise my lower limit from £ 5 to £ 10 and see what happens. If it happens again, I'll revert to manual. Shame really, as it worked well up until Tuesday, taking away another thing you had to think of.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I have seen people have problems with this system. If for example you had £6.70 on your card and tried to spend £6.80 it will not let you. .

Because you don't have enough money?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here