Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

E block you are a disgrace!!

Roger Mellie said:
Normally I am in H or J and have a laugh, support the team, and have a bit of a sing song no matter what. Got given a ticket in E block today so went there instead. NEVER again in my life. You are a bunch of ignorant whinging gits who have no idea about the game and only want to slag off the team constantly. Within 30 seconds of us scoring there were people moaning about how crap and lazy we were. Leon got grief from the start especially some ignorant woman behind me everytime the ball was hoofed vaguely in his half of the pitch. Apparently he was lazy because he did not win headers 20 yards over his head against somebody a foot taller. WHY do you people go? None of you seemed to enjoy it. Tried to get a couple of songs going but no-one joined in. Stood up once and was immediately told to sit down by two people behind. When we scored and I celebrated I was tapped on the shoulder and told it was ok to stand up for a little while. f*** OFF THE LOT OF YOU. NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN
Up Yours bacon rind boy,I had a sore throat from the P*lace game still,so shove your opinions up your well f***ed fartbox,C:angry: NT.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Bit extreme, nothing like Albion fans uniting to help a team in crisis on it's worst run of form for years.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I agree, E'block is always terrible, full of moaning non singing types

:)

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
What's new though of my few trips to the Withdean and i hate the place the atmosphere has always been shite. The ground if you can call it that is not condusive to a good old sing song.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
REDLAND said:
I agree, E'block is always terrible, full of moaning non singing types

:)
Why single out E Block, the same could be said for whole place, one of the reasons i don't go anymore, it makes me feel like slitting my wrists sitting there.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
FFS-this Block is shit, that Block is full of moaners...

If you don't like it, don't f***ing go. Stay home with your cans of SuperBrew. Withdean is a difficult place to generate an atmosphere and not everybody feels like singing for 90 minutes every game. Last night I drove down from Guildford as usual but didn't feel too good, therefore didn't make any effort to sing-does that make me shit or a moaner?

Stop frigging moaning about it after every game or whenever you sit in a different section...it's getting tedious and you won't change it. Do your bit if you feel like it but understand that Withdean is unique and because of that it is almost impossible to create an atmosphere.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Well I thought that G block was much better last night especially the first half. That 5 minute spell when we should have scored was the noisiest I had heard and who can forget the whole of that end of the stand leaping to their feet to shout "Penaly!"

Problem with second half was the nail bitiing tension as we missed all those chances to score and just knew that Wolves would sneak one.

I've actually enjoyed the last 2 games, except we should have one both.

Incidentally before the match, I visited an elderly friend in Eldred Avenue (the road that runs parallel with the railway line) and she said the noise on Saturday was the most she had ever heard. She is in her 80's and will be sorry to see us leave Withdean as there's never been a problem and she likes the buzz of match days.

Yoda

English & European
e77 said:
I normally sit in E block but was in B block tonight and it is moan central. Mind you, it was mostly full of Wolves fans !

I noticed that this season. I had a season ticket in E block the last two years but couldn’t afford to renew it this year. :down:

Was offered a couple of tickets in B/C block this year and I couldn’t believe how quite it was singing wise. Just moan, moan, moan, moan, moan.

Apparently E block is quieter this year without me. Just ask Doug. :lolol:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Bwian said:
FFS-this Block is shit, that Block is full of moaners...

If you don't like it, don't f***ing go. Stay home with your cans of SuperBrew. Withdean is a difficult place to generate an atmosphere and not everybody feels like singing for 90 minutes every game. Last night I drove down from Guildford as usual but didn't feel too good, therefore didn't make any effort to sing-does that make me shit or a moaner?

Stop frigging moaning about it after every game or whenever you sit in a different section...it's getting tedious and you won't change it. Do your bit if you feel like it but understand that Withdean is unique and because of that it is almost impossible to create an atmosphere.

Read the post again - hes not moaning about people not singing, but about people moaning and complaining the whole time. I don't mind being in a poor atmosphere but I hate it when people slag off the team the whole time - so depressing

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
H Block is the ONLY place where you can say there is an "atmosphere" and for all the trying it is still pretty lame comparred to away games - the atmosphere is more of a "laugh" with piss taking of Harry Potter etc but not a f***ing scarry and intimidating atmosphere by any strech.

But that place is f***ing depressing which is why i prefer to save my dosh for the away days!!:clap:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Yoda said:
I noticed that this season. I had a season ticket in E block the last two years but couldn’t afford to renew it this year. :down:

Was offered a couple of tickets in B/C block this year and I couldn’t believe how quite it was singing wise. Just moan, moan, moan, moan, moan.

Apparently E block is quieter this year without me. Just ask Doug. :lolol:

Indeed it is. E-block has never been good but surely the North Stand mob are the worst.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
E Block is where Ernie is.

And he will lead the chorus of boos.

Magoo out :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Granted there are a few moaners in E Block, as in every section of the ground.

I've been there since day 1, as has everyone around me, and all of us went to Gillingham too. We're not particularly raucous but we don't moan and only encourage.

To come on here and tar the whole of E Block with the same overreactionary brush is typical of this bloody website.

Mellie:

If you regularly attended football, anywhere on the f***ing planet, you would know that you get an entire cross section of society which, unfortunately, does contain people who moan, complain, whinge and, occasionally, don't sing for a full 90 minutes.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think it will help the atmosphere having the away fans nearer the H & J blocks.

Of course the team also have to do their bit. Even at a packed house in Falmer you could hear a pin drop if they put in a performance like they did in the second half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here