Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

E bay feedback - Do you believe it's all good.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I ask because I'm after a ps3 and looked on E bay, and a couple of them state they'll only leave feedback once it's been left for them.

I've noticed when I've bought things before, even though I've paid immediately,and therefore should have positive feedback asap, they don't say so until I've put something nice about them.

Therefore I'm hardly going to give bad feedback, when they'll only do the same.

So I ask you, is all the positive feedback to be believed?

Reliable Source

Dec 13, 2004
Didn't they change the rules? Isn't it only the buyer that can leave negative feedback now? The seller can leave either positive or no feedback.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Didn't they change the rules? Isn't it only the buyer that can leave negative feedback now? The seller can leave either positive or no feedback.

That makes sense.

So, as a buyer, if you give good feedback, you'll get good back, but if you give negative, they'll give none?

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
That makes sense.

So, as a buyer, if you give good feedback, you'll get good back, but if you give negative, they'll give none?

Yep, although they can post an explanation to any negative feedback.

The reason buyers do this is so that sellers aren't given a negative after giving the buyer a positive. After all, the feedback score is far more important to a seller than a buyer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here