Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dyke was sacked

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
According to ITV News he was sacked by a close friend of Gordon Brown.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Dyke? Greg? I thought the chairman had gone, not him as well?

marvin

Jul 5, 2003

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
Wozza said:
I can see why you're upset Tim.

Ultimately Dyke was the man responsible for The Office.

RIP.

No Gerbills was the twat responsible for the office, and no i'm not upset about dyke he is responsible for the dumbing down of the BBC. He was after all responsible for Roland Rat, he gets all he deserves. But the BBC is being attacked by sleezy politicians too hide their own guilt, now that I don't like.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
I would expect it to come back that GD resigned after a vote of no confidence by the board.

Its a was he pushed or did he jump case, often a bit of both.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
As I have not heard the report that would be hard , I prefer BBC news.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
One of the BBC's smallest radio stations went off the air on Thursday as staff decided to make their own protest at the resignation of Greg Dyke.
It was agreed that Somerset Sound's Adam Thomas Afternoon Show would finish a minute early and end on silence as a protest at both Mr Dyke's departure and Lord Ryder's unreserved apology.

Many listeners emailed in their support of the action.

Assistant Editor Simon Clifford said: "Staff said they felt flat, deflated, shellshocked and wanted to make their point.

"We may be a small station and it may have been a small protest but it was heartfelt."

The station is one of the smallest of the local BBC radio outlets with just nine staff.

"We took a carefully thought-out protest designed to make a point while having minimal impact on the licence-fee payer," Mr Clifford said.

"Staff were upset and saw this as a way to make a protest. We immediately received messages of support from the public."

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
marvin said:
He was after all responsible for Roland Rat, he gets all he deserves.

You're just a bitter twisted old man.

Roland Rat was genius.

roland%20rat.jpg

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeah rat fans!

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
Wozza said:
You're just a bitter twisted old man.

Can't argue with that.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Greg Dyke offered his resignation, hoping the governors would reject it. The governors voted on whether they should reject it. They decided to accept it, so he left.

That's what happened.

Fact.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Rumours based upon an internal BBC email to staff (which I've seen) which states he didn't want to leave. Thats what ITV picked up on. Just because he didn't want to go (of course he didn't) doesn't mean he was sacked.

Interesting poll during Question Time - 86% thought he was wrong to go.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Good, Dyke had the last word on whether liar Gilligans report could go out, Dyke had full editorial control and whether or not he is a nice bloke he deserved to go. The BBC have acted disgracefully over the whole WMD issue.

Blair is no angel, but the shit he got from some of the media was way over the top, even for the UK press.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here