Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dyer issues public apology

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Newcastle United's Kieran Dyer has issued a formal apology to Sir Bobby Robson, following a rift that had threatened the England players Newcastle career. The row came after Dyer rejected the captain's armband in Newcastle's game against Middlesbrough, after previously refusing to play right-midfield. Dyer wanted to play centre-midfield in that game, prompting the manager to drop him to the bench.

"My refusal to play in the position the manager asked me was wrong," said Dyer in a statement on Thursday. "I sincerely regret the whole incident. Certain players were injured and for the good of the team and the club, I should have accepted what Sir Bobby said without question. But, ultimately, the manager picks the team and I apologise to him and to our supporters wholeheartedly. I have been acting like a twat for some time now, and it's time I grew up and started actually earning the obscene amounts of money that has been thrown at me throughout my career. The fact that I am totally overrated has not escaped my attention, and is something I wish to address urgently. I want to put this incident behind me now and concentrate on helping Newcastle United achieve the success the fans deserve, instead of being such a prick all the time".

Both the player's agent and the club earlier denied there was any bust-up, but Dyer's apology shows there clearly was a rift. The club will be issuing a further statement later today.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
:nono:

Surprise surprise!!!

He came on in the 2nd half and couldn't wait to get rid of the ball coz of the booing he received !!

TOSSER!!

:censored:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, he HAS actually apologised. I just "embellished" it slightly ;)

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
What an honest young man :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here