Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dwight Yorke Race taunt - 5 Year ban plus costs!!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
One of the two fans charged with a public order disorder after Dwight Yorke was allegedly racially abused, has been hit with a five-year ban.

Yorke was livid after claiming he was racially abused on his return to former club Blackburn Rovers with Birmingham and the police subsequently charged two people who were present at the game.

Jason Perryman of Chorley pleaded guilty to an offence of racially aggravated disorderly behaviour towards Yorke and has been handed a five-year banning order from all football in England and Wales.

Passing sentence, John Fryer, chairman of the bench, said: "You racially humiliated Dwight Yorke in public by both actions as well as words.

"There is no place in football or anywhere else for racist behaviour."

Perryman has also been fined £1000 and will pay £75 costs for the incident.

A second fan, David Ashcroft, 21, pleaded not guilty to a charge following Sunday's

Last edited:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
They really are scum. If only I could report my boss for his comments. (they're not directed at anyone in the office, but racial comments in general.)

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Good. The stupid little twats.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
I think if this had arose before the Spain game not alot would have been done about it, and the lads are a tad unfortunate. However i agree they had to be punished for their actions. But £1000 is a bit steep why not give them community service to work along side the black community, this might have educated them a little better!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Uefa are now saying if need be they will ban Real from Champs League!!

Now that would be interesting! that would be the right message to other clubs, "avoid acting on this at your peril!"

Can you imagine the revenue they would lose from that!

*not getting my hopes up for the right punishment mind*

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
AHH!! So thats why Uefa have said they will ban em!!

It'll be from going any further.......

:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here