Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dwain Chambers

Yoda

English & European
No, he doesn't have the right. He's trying to 'create' the right. The BOA, who send our team, have a by-law that anyone convicted of a drugs offence cannot compete in the Games. Chambers has decided he's not too keen on that law, and is trying to overturn it.

But he's appealing the legibility of the by-law.

The IAAF rules say athletes found guilty of doping can return to ALL competitions once they have served their bans.

Yoda

English & European
And as someone IN the sport, I wouldn't have a gripe with him going.

What they need to do with the rules would have to be Universal between the IOC & IAAF.

Once caught, a four year ban (so you can guarantee they will miss one set of games) and for the athlete to report for testing all the time during that ban for if they decide to return to the sport once it has expired to make sure they are clean all the way through.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Once caught, a four year ban (so you can guarantee they will miss one set of games) and for the athlete to report for testing all the time during that ban for if they decide to return to the sport once it has expired to make sure they are clean all the way through.

But why ? Why should someone who has such a serious a character flaw that leads them to deliberately CHEAT in order to gain an advantage, ever be allowed to compete at the Olympics again ? Why should the sport have to accomodate and tolerate individuals like Dwayne Chambers, and as a result, constantly have to maintain vigerous checks on him just to make sure he's not up to his old tricks again ?

I don't understand the thinking behind this. He was discovered to be cheating. He didn't own up. He didn't admit to it. He was FOUND OUT, and he would have carried on cheating and warping and staining every competition he touched until he got found out. To my mind, those actions have dictated that he should be excluded permanently from ALL competition - especially the Olympics, which is the highest level he can possibly compete at.

I hope to christ he loses this case. His presence in Beijing wearing the flag of Britain would be a national embarrassment, especially if he does well.

Yoda

English & European
And as someone IN the sport, I wouldn't have a gripe with him going.

What they need to do with the rules would have to be Universal between the IOC & IAAF.

Forgot to add.

If they fail again either during their ban or again after it. Life time ban.

But why ? Why should someone who has such a serious a character flaw that leads them to deliberately CHEAT in order to gain an advantage, ever be allowed to compete at the Olympics again ? Why should the sport have to accomodate and tolerate individuals like Dwayne Chambers, and as a result, constantly have to maintain vigerous checks on him just to make sure he's not up to his old tricks again ?

I don't understand the thinking behind this. He was discovered to be cheating. He didn't own up. He didn't admit to it. He was FOUND OUT, and he would have carried on cheating and warping and staining every competition he touched until he got found out. To my mind, those actions have dictated that he should be excluded permanently from ALL competition - especially the Olympics, which is the highest level he can possibly compete at.

I hope to christ he loses this case. His presence in Beijing wearing the flag of Britain would be a national embarrassment, especially if he does well.

Please add, the other runners who didn't get to the Euro's, the Olympics, the World Games, didn't compete on the International stage, because he cheated them out of a place. All of them could have champions?:angry:

and of course youve got scientific evidence to prove this :bla:

Why do you think they ban such drugs then?

I assume if you can't accept pure facts, check various althetic bodies web sites or research papers on the matter,

or just use common sense?

Dwain's body hasn't actually gone back to his pre drug physique has it.

The weight builders who used drugs, bodies don't recede back to 8 stone weaklins?

Last edited:

But actually I have a few mates who used drugs to build up body mass, strength etc.

Obvioulsy they couldn't do it for ever, but their aim was, build up as much as possible in a four or 8 week crash,

performance would then go down, but the changes in that period, were like an equivalent of 1 year gym work.

They knew other blokes who took pretty top stuff, used by professionals body builders, other sport people.

They also knew a couple of death cases as well.

Even now, nearly twenty years later they still have the remnnants of that experience.

Just to put it in perspective, I was living in Wakefield at the time, the area was the UK's big coal industry area 17000 miners in the mid 80's.

Everyone - miners or no miner aim was too look big, well too look massive and literally everyone was popping performance drugs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here