Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Durham v Sussex Day 3

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Once again, a HUGE day for the boys.

Can they use the distress of yesterday to "win it for Ronnie"?

Can Grizzly play the captain of all innings?

Can Hoddy and RMJ turn their decent form into scores?

And can the Mushies do the biz?

I think a lead of 150 will give us a great chance.

Bowling Mushies!:lol:

PG

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
220 lead = winning score.

This is the day the championship is decided, in my opinion.

Big day in all the matches, particularly ours. Hopefully Kent will finish Hants off. Warks may yet set Lankies a challenging total. Hope so.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
could Rana bat injured?

Just stand there holding the bat one handed and see if he could force the bowler into a nb/wide or get a few leg byes. Every run would help the cause at this stage of the season. Does this happen ever?

Bit like in the days before multiple subs injured football players used to be put upfront (remember Gordon McQueen leading the attack for Man U as he was injured not enoyugh to come off but deemed not agile enough withhis injury to play his usual defender's role!)

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
220 lead = winning score.

This is the day the championship is decided, in my opinion.

Big day in all the matches, particularly ours. Hopefully Kent will finish Hants off. Warks may yet set Lankies a challenging total. Hope so.

Agree with all the above except: I think 260 will be needed. The biggest day of the season: the time when our boys have to stand up and be counted.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
could Rana bat injured?

Just stand there holding the bat one handed and see if he could force the bowler into a nb/wide or get a few leg byes. Every run would help the cause at this stage of the season. Does this happen ever?

Bit like in the days before multiple subs injured football players used to be put upfront (remember Gordon McQueen leading the attack for Man U as he was injured not enoyugh to come off but deemed not agile enough withhis injury to play his usual defender's role!)

He COULD bat injured but not with a badly dislocated shoulder!

Batsman bat injured a lot, usually with a runner.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think we can take it that we're going to lose this. What we should be pinning our hopes on is Warks digging in and making life difficult for the Lankies. If they could hang on for a draw all is not yet lost.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
I think we can take it that we're going to lose this. What we should be pinning our hopes on is Warks digging in and making life difficult for the Lankies. If they could hang on for a draw all is not yet lost.

Whats the weather forecast for lancs. Surely it should be raining by now !!

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham

Actually, sorry to disagree but I think that's 100% wrong. We have to dig in and score slowly and steadily and get to 200+ - and then we have a chance. Warks are already 2 wickets down and still 100+ behind - I don't think there's a chance of them turning over Lancs and certainly not of holding out for the draw. It's up to us to sort it ourselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here