Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk or El Abd on Tues?

Who would you choose to play with Greer on Tues?

• Dunk

Votes: 34 35.8%
  • El Abd

Votes: 34 35.8%
  • Both - am dropping Greer

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
Dunk then El-Abd for Palace as we need someone a bit more rough and tough,

If Greer wasn't captain I'd be tempted to drop him, not because he's playing bad just because I think Dunk and El-Abd are better

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Had El Abd? El Abd wasn't injured, he was dropped. He's also our best defender.

Awful at bringing the ball out though. During the Ipswich game they chased Greer down when he was on the ball but were happy for El- Abd to have it as they knew he posed no passing threat out from the back.

Dunk is not only more composed on it but moves it first time. Then again defensively El-Abd was excellent.

Tough one.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot believe people are even considering Dunk in preference to El Abd as there is at the moment in time no comparison to what each gives to the team. Perhaps one day Dunk will command a place but not at the moment and Iam sure that GREER would rather have El Abd playing.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Dunk looked an improved player against Bolton, seemed to getting back into the groove of playing regularly, after his problems with being left out of the side. Back up to his effort and commitment of last season.

El-Abd has been a revelation under Gus, and I would love to have both in the side, but with the formation we play, unfortunately they won't get into the same side, unless Greer is injured. I think they would make a great pairing at the heart of defence :clap:

I would keep Dunk in for tomorrow, and bring El-Abd back for Saturday personally.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Nate-Robinson-Spud-Webb.jpg

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
El-Abd, defo.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wouldn't pay to much attention to what BG says, he has an irrational hatred of Lewis Dunk.

Rather a bizarre statement which is untrue but I do not think that he is as good as El Abd in any of the skills needed to be a centre back. For his height his heading is poor and in El Abd case while he may not win the ball every time he stops the opponent from winning it either. El Abd is far better tackling, anticipation and positional play. Distribution there is very little to chose between them except that El Abd plays less 'hospital balls' to team mates. El Abd also covers Greer better in desperate last ditch tackles etc. As I have said I do believe that one day Dunk will be as good if not better than El Abd is but not at the moment. I would like to see them play together in the cup games just to see how well they gel and play as a partnership.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here