Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dunk IN! (Was: Dunk Out?)

Home and Away

Sep 18, 2018
That most likely then means that he will travel to Germany if he's fit, because if he wasn't he'd be on his way home by now, right?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I reckon the players not going have already been told, and the ones that left today aren’t on standby in case of injuries tomorrow.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
I think it's a straight toss up between him and Branthwaite - Southgate seems to favour Dunk but he won't want to take three injured defenders.

I think Branthwaite will be a great defender but at the moment I can see why he'd favour Dunk. Branthwaite has looked good in a Dyche back four (so did Michael Keane) but Dunk currently surely suits England's style of play far better.

Injury permitting I think he goes.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dunk played very well on Monday every single pass landed. Got a chance again

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
A lot of pundits are saying Lewis will be one of the seven.
I cant quite see where Mcguire is better than Lewis. John Stones maybe better but will he last more than 1 match before breaking down again.
The thing that winds me up the most ( I know take a breathe) is the, "he's never let England down comment"
Name a player that has let England down??
Is the implication that Lewis has let England down?
The miss-timed tackle on his Nemesis Lukaku was one incident and then he was back up and facing. Who was supposed to be tracking Tielemans?
AND
He would have had an assist if Bowen had stayed onside
AND
Pickford passed the ball to Tielemans to score, but he didn't let England down?

OVER and OUT

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think it's a straight toss up between him and Branthwaite - Southgate seems to favour Dunk but he won't want to take three injured defenders.

I think Branthwaite will be a great defender but at the moment I can see why he'd favour Dunk. Branthwaite has looked good in a Dyche back four (so did Michael Keane) but Dunk currently surely suits England's style of play far better.

Injury permitting I think he goes.

Or a back 3?

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Apparently Dunk 'felt something' and this is why he's training away from the main group, also not surprising seeming as his knee was strapped up 2 weeks ago. So pundits stating he may not go to Germany are basing this on his fitness as opposed to his performance.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I think if we were supporting another club, we'd think "how the f*** did Dunk get in there?" if he's actually in the final 26. Because he's had a pretty meh season, at best.

Still, hope he gets to go.

Me Atome

Mar 10, 2024
I think if we were supporting another club, we'd think "how the f*** did Dunk get in there?" if he's actually in the final 26. Because he's had a pretty meh season, at best.

Still, hope he gets to go.
Yes, and I think Southgate likes him, as he has given him (Dunk) a few chances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here