Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dundee United Players

arab1981

May 3, 2011
Dundee United season ticket holder here. Just thought I would invade your board since there are strong suggestions that Gomis and Bauban will sign for Brighton in the summer.

It was reported in the paper today that Aberdeen have offered these players deals but the Aberdeen boss has come out and said that they have agreed deals with Brighton already.

How is Sandaza getting on? He always looked a real talent but he was never fit?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Dundee United season ticket holder here. Just thought I would invade your board since there are strong suggestions that Gomis and Bauban will sign for Brighton in the summer.

It was reported in the paper today that Aberdeen have offered these players deals but the Aberdeen boss has come out and said that they have agreed deals with Brighton already.

How is Sandaza getting on? He always looked a real talent but he was never fit?

Same old with Sandaza. I honestly believe he could be quality but he's just so prone to injury. With a good pre season under his belt he could be fantastic however so I'll not be too harsh on the lad.

So Gomis and Bauban. Tell me a bit about them? What's there temperament like? Style of play etc? I honestly don't know alot about either bar positions!

arab1981

May 3, 2011
When they arrived Gomis was the better player but I am not sure he has progressed as much as Bauban. Both are full of energy and are your typical modern day midfielder, like to hastle opponents and can take the ball of them cleanly. Playing together seems to bring out the best in them (they are close friends)

They both like to play football on the deck (so should be suited to Poyet style) Gomis likes to turn midfileders and has a nice touch, Bauban is more of a box to box midfielder although I will warn you now they cant shoot!!! lol

Both energised the United midfield which had been poor for years. Bauban was a lot of pundits choice for Young player of the year last season but could not get nominated as he is not Scottish. I would say that Bauban has more of a chance to go on and play at a higher level and has been the better of the two this season. One of our biggest problem is that we have Scott Robertson also so we found it hard to accomidate all three in the middle, In the end Gomis was shoved to Left midfield where he is not productive. In my opnion both need to find a bit of arrogance to develop further, but that could happen under the right guidance

That is a shame about Sandaza, he was one of my favourite players at United, when fit. He looked like a world beater at times and destined for big things but spent most of his time in Spain on the treatment table.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Can't say Sandaza has ever looked like a World beater for us, but given a regular run of games he could score plenty IMO. A bit like Van Nistelrooy (in looks and type), will knock the ball in the net from close range on a regular basis but won't look too great in the build up play outside the box

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here