Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dundee keen on striker Brighton

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Dundee are interested in signing the Clyde striker Tom Brighton, who is out of contract at Broadwood.
New manager Alex Rae is heading to the USA on holiday, but hopes to announce up to three signings on his return in a couple of weeks' time.

Meanwhile, last season's top scorer Simon Lynch, could stay at Dens Park.

Lynch, who scored 18 goals last term, has options to play in Australia, but Dundee want to keep him. He is free to move as Dundee failed to win promotion.

Oh well thats our chances gone then!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
Meh, never really that impressed by him TBH.

Not in a position to comment, but they wanted reasonable money when we knocked on their door in Jan... surely, can't be that bad?...

Oct 25, 2003
B.W. said:
Not in a position to comment, but they wanted reasonable money when we knocked on their door in Jan... surely, can't be that bad?...
hasn't scored that many in a pretty shit league

looked good on tv in one match- thats about it

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Got sick of hearing Tom Brighton's bloody stupid name being touted about last season during the club's peurile attempts at signing a credible striker. Who needs Groundhog Season? Move on. Hopefully upwards. Bollocks to Tom Brighton.

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
B.W. said:

100K aint anything really. From what ive heard and read about him dosen't really install me with confidence.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
His record is not good. Has scored 8 in 34 games in a piss poor league, had a brief loan spell at Scunthorpe and failed to score in three games, had a trial at Gillingham last summer and was rejected.
One good game against Celtic does not a good player make.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
All these people slagging him off... do you actually KNOW if he is any good?... have you watched him play at all? more than once?... or do you just rely on videos and recommendations a la Mark McGhee when assessing potential acquisitions?... :)

B.W. said:
All these people slagging him off... do you actually KNOW if he is any good

This is NSC my friend, if people only posted things they were sure of, we would only be left with surrey jim's FACT thread, the word association game and the thread full of beautiful ladies. :)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
brightonfan_86 said:
He played well against Celtic but thats about it really, not really worth mentioning again IMO.

Except that I distinctly rmember Dick saying we may pursue our interest in the summer...

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Found this artical about him. Fairly interesting.

LOOK ON THE BRIGHTON SIDE
TOM'S SEARCH FOR CLUB Clyde hero faces summer of worry
By Gordon Parks

TOM BRIGHTON will head abroad next week to soak up some sunshine and reflect on a season which saw him destroy Celtic, star against Rangers and be short-listed for First Division Player of the Year.

But this summer will still be no different than the last as he finds himself without a club and worrying about his future.

The Clyde striker is out of contract and searching for a new club even though Brighton bid £100,000 for him at the start of the year.

Aberdeen, St Mirren and Dunfermline have all shown an interest in the Scotland Under-21 star but he fears another anxious few weeks as he searches for a passport to the big time.

Brighton said: "As of Wednesday I am now a free agent as my deal with Clyde has ended and once again I'm in limbo.

"It's nothing new to me and I'll be heading off on holiday with no idea where I'll be playing next season just as I did last summer when I left Rangers.

"There are hundreds of players in the same situation and I just hope they're not on my flight because I have enough worrying to do for myself without taking anyone else's problems on board.

"Football is a great game but uncertainty and lack of security at this time of the year is a nightmare but it's part and parcel of being a footballer these days.

"When I left Ibrox, I spent the summer worrying about where I'd end up. Thankfully I joined Clyde where I've had a great time.

"I felt I had a good season with the obvious highlights beating Celtic and taking Rangers to extra time but that's history for everyone.

"Hopefully I proved I'm capable of playing at that level and against the best players.

"When we beat Celtic in the Scottish Cup it was said I had ended any chance of their Chinese defender Du Wei getting his contract extended so it's ironic that I'm the one without a deal.

"I had the chance to stay at Broadwood but I want to prove myself either in the SPL or down south and have taken the gamble of trying to get fixed up elsewhere."

As top clubs shrink their squads to cut costs, Brighton fears he'll be one of the many facing a close season with no income.

He said: "Most players whose contracts end at this time have to face the fact they'll be getting no wages until they find a new club.

"I knew when I turned down a new deal with Clyde I would face this scenario and I'd love to have something sorted before I take a break.

"Everything seems to shut down for the first month after the end of the season and there's nothing happening in the transfer market.

"It's got to the stage that my agent has been phoning me to ask if I've heard anything.

"Last season was a big one for me as it was my first taste of regular first-team football and I was pleased to score 10 goals and contribute to a great season for the club.

"I have never lacked belief in my ability and it helps to have that attitude when you're hoping for a chance to play at a higher level.

"Last season was great but being nominated for the Scottish players' player of the year award meant most. It's brilliant to be acknowledged by your opponents.

"I doubt Du Wei would have voted for me, though."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here