Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

duncan fletcher to step down

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
sten_super said:
Agreed. But he's on the selection committee I think (along with Graveney, Vaughan and I don't know who else), so has to carry some of the can for that.

Bingo - Vaughan - I'd be betting his sway in the selection committee is the majority of the problem...Sadly I think his day has come..

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Gritt23 said:
He's been tremendous over the course of his time in charge, but the last 7-8 months has been unbelievably poor.

I hope he's remembered as a top coach as that is largely what he's been for us. It would be a shame if what has happened since September is how he's remembered.

Thanks Duncan, it has mostly been very very good. :clap:
Agreed. It's a bit like Sven in football (Oh no Brovian please don't start on that again!) Started off good and turned a bunch of no-hopers and losers into a decent side. Then lost the plot.

"First half good ..." as the great man himself used to say.

tedebear said:
Bingo - Vaughan - I'd be betting his sway in the selection committee is the majority of the problem...Sadly I think his day has come..

Vaughan and Fletcher have always struck me as partners in crime. They always sit together on the balcony, they play golf together (as they did yesterday). I suspect they have formulated plans together and used their influence to get what they wanted. It's extremely dangerous when a player has too much influence over proceedings (as we all accused Beckham of during the latter part of his England career), but I don't think you can individually blame one or t'other. Hopefully a new coach would be more unfamiliar with the players and the captain and reduce any excess influence Vaughan may have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here