Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Duke & Duchess of Sussex

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
As people I wish them well, but there are two things that need sorting:

1. It is ridiculous that he can opt out of the Royal Family, AND the Queen take away his patronages AND YET he still remains 6th in line to the throne.

Parliament needs to act to take him out of the succession - they would only be doing what the Queen would do if she had the power to do it.

2. I want their titles revoked. What right have they to trade off being Duke and Duchess of Sussex when they've done f*ck all for the county? Sussex is our brand, not theirs, and I for one want it back.

Totally agree.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was having this conversation with Mrs Chopper last night, i agree but she was having nothing of it, she is in the camp that his missus was being hounded by our pathetic tabloid press just like his mother was, but both used the press for their own means to court publicity.
The dealings with her father is her business
I think she has a point but I still think we have another Mrs Simpson on our hands.

Is she a Nazi? I hadn't read that. Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I was having this conversation with Mrs Chopper last night, i agree but she was having nothing of it, she is in the camp that his missus was being hounded by our pathetic tabloid press just like his mother was, but both used the press for their own means to court publicity.
The dealings with her father is her business
I think she has a point but I still think we have another Mrs Simpson on our hands.

She’s not on our hands though , is she.

They have walked away. I don’t understand how people can dislike her to the extent they do, and not be pleased she no longer represents the Royal Family. I can’t see this nonsense about her wearing the trousers either. Perhaps I’m under the thumb, but if my missus had , had the grief the Duchess has got from the press, I would do everything in my power to protect her from it, especially if I believed it was rooted in deep seated racism. And that’s without the believe that said press had contributed in the death of my Mother.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Best you go back to looking at those ever more obscure tv channels then and enjoy your On The Buses, George and Mildred and Keeping up Appearances then... tara !:rotlf:... I'm sure that there should be a channel somewhere devoted to bigotry, sexism and 70's TV..... bye bye !

I used to like RossyG. And he stood up for me once. I can't read his posts any more. It's a shame. I mean that.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
That would be a valid point if his mental girlfriend looked like Heather Trott from Eastenders ..... however, she looks like Meghan Markle. :thumbsup:

I appreciate you clearly find Markle easy on the eye compared to ‘Heather Trott’ but it’s comments like that that don’t help the self esteem of normal people, especially those that are sensitive to the way they look and perhaps you should think about that next time.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Is she a Nazi? I hadn't read that. Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

Nice one Harry, that is not what I meant, I was talking about him falling in love and her being the dominant partner.
I agree with others whereas if he wants out, he must be right out, I will always think that all the royals did not ask to be born into the royal family, if Harry has decided that it is not for him then who are we to say that he should not do what he thinks is right, as long as they become totally self sufficient and lose any titles etc.
Harry was in the same league as Andrew, Edward and Anne, people see them as hangers on and spongers, you can't have it both ways.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

your missus is right. the press liked her at first, she wouldn't play along with their silly games. it wasn't that dissimilar with Kate, except she did play along. most celebrities go through this trial, those that come out the other side are accepted, even feted. her PR is terrible though, always bite back and make snips at the royals, not a great way for a foreigner to endear themselves.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The only thing I care about is the bad advert these 2 self serving idiots are for the great county of Sussex. I object to them using our county name to drive their agenda.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I used to like RossyG. And he stood up for me once. I can't read his posts any more. It's a shame. I mean that.
He seems to be sliding back down the evolutionary tree at an alarming rate, becoming another one that has to be confrontational by default.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The only thing I care about is the bad advert these 2 self serving idiots are for the great county of Sussex. I object to them using our county name to drive their agenda.

Er, they ain't from Sussex, they didn't ask to be titled Duke/Duchess of Sussex, the powers that be looked through what was in the cupboard and named them thus. Now, go back to sleep.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not a bad thing really. I support the idea of having a monarchy (heaven help us if we ever got saddled with the likes of a President Thatcher, Blair or Johnson) but a smaller establishment would be desirable. Just need a few of the more important royals, not hosts of grandchildren, great-grandchildren (unless directly in line), nieces, nephews, cousins and whatever - we'll be fine without Harry and Ms. Merkle..

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Er, they ain't from Sussex, they didn't ask to be titled Duke/Duchess of Sussex, the powers that be looked through what was in the cupboard and named them thus. Now, go back to sleep.

That may be all well and good but surely if Arry and Megs want to drop out of the royal circle then wouldn't it be the decent thing to do and drop the Sussex titles ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He seems to be sliding back down the evolutionary tree at an alarming rate, becoming another one that has to be confrontational by default.

A pity.

Well, we know nothing about the stress people are under.

Unfortunately I can only tolerate the light, the positive, the amusing and, indeed, the love, right now.

Anyone struggling has my sympathy and always my support. I always engage. Other choices...well....:shrug:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
hm11156527882.jpg

y, y

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Kanye west and Kim kardashians divorce is equal in relevance and I dare anyone to argue other wise.

Irrelevant. End of.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Is there a campaign in favour of having the Duke of York rescind his titles and give up his right to the throne?

No, I thought not.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Wow get you, I know they are not from Sussex but thanks for enlightening me. I simply said I object to them being associated with the great name of Sussex (as in the county, I know it not their real name).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here