Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Duke & Duchess of Sussex

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
"There are now claims the chase that followed involved half a dozen cars, with reckless driving including going through red lights, driving on the pavement, carrying out blocking moves, and reversing down a one way-way street - as well as taking photographs while driving."

More common in New York City than most would imagine. But still not usually witnessed often.
Weren't they supposed to have moved to the US because the British press would hound them but they were safe in the US? She recently said if they were still in the UK she wouldn't be able to take her kids to school without the press following her yet we only rarely see photos of Will & Kate doing just that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Weren't they supposed to have moved to the US because the British press would hound them but they were safe in the US?

Oh god, don't tell me this means they're coming back?

She recently said if they were still in the UK she wouldn't be able to take her kids to school without the press following her yet we only rarely see photos of Will & Kate doing just that.
If you're suggesting for one second that Meghan was talking shit, then I won't have it, I just won't have it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
She recently said if they were still in the UK she wouldn't be able to take her kids to school without the press following her yet we only rarely see photos of Will & Kate doing just that.
Because the press play ball with the royals to keep in their good books, not something they’d have had to worry about with H&M

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
All sounds a bit chinny reckon to me. Driving for 2 hours at high speed in New York City ? When I went there, the traffic barely moved.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
All sounds a bit chinny reckon to me. Driving for 2 hours at high speed in New York City ? When I went there, the traffic barely moved.

Yeah and the chances of it happening and it not getting caught on video/camera? Zero.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yeah and the chances of it happening and it not getting caught on video/camera? Zero.
Well, ITV News said they'd decided not to show any of the papps footage from the incident. But you'd think there would be footage out there somewhere, if indeed it was like something out of Smokey and the Bandit.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Given that the paparazi were the ones chasing, we'll obviously be getting hundreds of photos and videos.

I'm sure they were followed by the press (be too weird to lie about even for them), I just don't understand why they continued driving for 2 hours, or why it was at high speed.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
A near ‘catastrophic car chase’ ffs - NYPD think otherwise. They’re lucky the car they were in didn’t knock down anyone in the course of obsessively protecting their privacy and wanting to stay out of the public eye unless it’s entirely on their own terms of course - control freaks 🤨

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Well, ITV News said they'd decided not to show any of the papps footage from the incident. But you'd think there would be footage out there somewhere, if indeed it was like something out of Smokey and the Bandit.

I don’t mean the Paparrazi, I mean random people in the street. They might not know it was them at the time but an incident like they describe is not going unnoticed by the general public, not somewhere like Manhattan. Everyone and their smartphone would be getting shots of it.

Reactions: abc

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
1st thing I thought of when hearing on radio is….”can we believe H&M claims?”

Rather damning really, that’s the first thing a lot of people now think about them. They really are a hyperbole soap opera, and have more than fanned their own flames.

The world wide privacy tour continues…

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
all very Jimmy Hill. 2 hours driving high speed in New York city and dont crash, you're in the countryside or dizzy from driving round and round. they could have just stopped and had their pictures taken, what's the worst that happens next? "Harry on 5th Avenue with Wife and MiL".

but they do want their privacy. at an award ceremony :lolol:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
1st thing I thought of when hearing on radio is….”can we believe H&M claims?”

Rather damning really, that’s the first thing a lot of people now think about them. They really are a hyperbole soap opera, and have more than fanned their own flames.
They are feeding their own narrative of being victims aren’t they -

Victims of the Tabloids
Victims of being hounded and chased by Paparazzi
Victims of racial abuse in the Firm
Victims of the Royal Hierarchy
Victims of the Order of Succession that treats the ‘brother like a spare’
Victims of having no police protection in the UK

H probably needs to deal with the obvious PTSD he has from the death of his mother because the worrying thing about people self-identifying as victims, it runs the risk of becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
all very Jimmy Hill. 2 hours driving high speed in New York city and dont crash, you're in the countryside or dizzy from driving round and round. they could have just stopped and had their pictures taken, what's the worst that happens next? "Harry on 5th Avenue with Wife and MiL".

Has there been any evidence of high speed driving? I’ve not seen this in any of the quotes but I may have missed it?

Is there an assumption that dangerous driving and manoeuvres are always at high speed?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Has there been any evidence of high speed driving? I’ve not seen this in any of the quotes but I may have missed it?

Is there an assumption that dangerous driving and manoeuvres are always at high speed?
well no, there seems little evidence of anything, just a claim from their spokesman. the Mayor of New York said he didnt believe a 2 hour high speed chase occured, maybe he made it up and it's all his fault.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
They are feeding their own narrative of being victims aren’t they -

Victims of the Tabloids
Victims of being hounded and chased by Paparazzi
Victims of racial abuse in the Firm
Victims of the Royal Hierarchy
Victims of the Order of Succession that treats the ‘brother like a spare’
Victims of having no police protection in the UK

H probably needs to deal with the obvious PTSD he has from the death of his mother because the worrying thing about people self-identifying as victims, it runs the risk of becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy
I have found myself having similar thoughts. He/they need help in my view.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Sounds more Benny Hill……

They can both do one…..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here