Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy - Season Long Loan To Celtic Confirmed

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Hopefully Celtic.

Selling him to a relegation rival doesnt sit well with me.

He was our premier league player of the season 2 years ago. Makes any of those lower sides defence much stronger.

I think we will end up missing him.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Celtic would be the perfect solution for all involved but as already alluded to, can't see how they can afford to buy him unless they have agreed a sale for Edouard already but then they would need a lot of that budget for a replacement.

The other obvious option is a loan with a view to a permanent transfer. At the moment that would seem the most likely scenario? Would also give us a fall back option for next summer depending on how things work out with White/Dunk/Clarke etc over the coming season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Celtic would be the perfect solution for all involved but as already alluded to, can't see how they can afford to buy him unless they have agreed a sale for Edouard already but then they would need a lot of that budget for a replacement.

You could argue that Edouard would replace Gyökeres or Mlakar at our club meaning that either might want to join the PX deal to Celtic if they are happy dropping down to the SPL.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Edouard for Duffy and Gyokeres.

Like your thinking mate.

Don't remember the last player swap deal we were involved with though. In fact, I'm not sure it's a thing any more

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Hopefully Celtic.

He was our premier league player of the season 2 years ago. Makes any of those lower sides defence much stronger.

Exactly this.

Would vastly prefer Duffy to go up to Celtic. Would probably be a better move for him as well. Win a few medals.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Please tell me you're not suggesting that Ben White is worth more than Tammy Abraham?! We've spent a long time on here defining Leeds fans as deluded, let's not go down that path ourselves eh!

This. Tammy Abraham scored 18 goals this season, including 3 in the Champions League. Ben White hasn't played a single top flight game. Tammy Abraham is only 6 days older than Ben White.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Would really like it for Big Shane if a move to Celtic came off for him, and the icing on the cake would be Edouardo in return with a few quid thrown in, or another player as suggested earlier.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Celtic fan working on our house reckons their CBs were bullied off the park this weekend by Kilmarnock in a 1-1 draw ("they try to play football and get bullied"). Can't do us/Shane any harm if we're looking ot get a deal done.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Duffy to West Ham [or West Brom]?

Celtic fan working on our house reckons their CBs were bullied off the park this weekend by Kilmarnock in a 1-1 draw ("they try to play football and get bullied"). Can't do us/Shane any harm if we're looking ot get a deal done.

Yup, all here:

https://www.thecelticstar.com/shane...t-brom-move-but-could-celtic-make-a-move/amp/

And to those who think Shane would not fancy it.........

“Back in 2019, Duffy said in an Instagram Q&A that he was hopeful that he would one day play for Celtic. A move to Neil Lennon’s side would give him the chance to play for his boyhood club as well as the chance to win trophies, including the legendary ten-in-a-row.”

Something fitting about Dunk n Duffy possibly going to the clubs they supported as boys.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sky SPorts transfer rumours saying that we've entered the race to get Edouard. So the part exchange deal may be a goer.

We should absolutely break our necks for this imo. He looks class. Duffy clearly wants to go there and I’d guess they’d want him. So we probably value Duffy at £15mil - they allegedly want £30mil - I’m not one football manager type guesses and swap deals (that rarely happen tbh but are always trotted out by fans) but £15mil and Duffy for Edouard would be amazing and hardly knock the bank balance too much...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think Shane Duffy is exactly the sort of player every club new to the Premier League should look to sign up. Defence is so important in your first season in a higher division, (as it was at the Abion), and big Shane's tough uncompromising style, would do any of the newly promoted teams a lot of good.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
id sooner West ham too, for simple fact they'll get their shit together more next season and shouldnt be so near the bottom 3.

WBA however possibly will be fighting the drop so i wouldn't sell them Duffy if both cubs were interested.

Hopefully Celtic.

I think Shane Duffy is exactly the sort of player every club new to the Premier League should look to sign up. Defence is so important in your first season in a higher division, (as it was at the Abion), and big Shane's tough uncompromising style, would do any of the newly promoted teams a lot of good.

Quite simply - I don't want us to be playing against him. Imagine being a goal down with 15 minutes left, and the opposition bringing Duffy on - we'd just give up hope of an equaliser.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here