• Piss off Dubya

Votes: 41 54.7%
  • Could not give a monkey's

Votes: 19 25.3%

• Total voters

Bare

Nov 12, 2003
California
I would hope you would be as hospitable to President Bush as we were to the Queen.
As you might guess we don't care much for Monarchy, but we do respect the UKs choice.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
fantastic analogy ... wish I'd thought of it.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Could not give a monkey's.

JAMC

Jul 5, 2003
I saw a docu on this!

X Files Shit!

Have a read!

What do you think?

If I don't post in the next two days and Nsc has disappeared then you know they have got me!!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Most of the Americans I meet are deeply embarrassed by Dubya - the stooge of the most unpleasant, greedy authoritarian bastards you're likely to meet.

I shall be protesting next week: we don't want warmongers here.

Piss off Dubya and take Bliar with you.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
same as it ever was sigull, lions led by donkeys. I would not like the blood of the British servicemen on my hands. If my son had died in Iraq I would not forgive Blair.

The world is a better place without Saddam for sure, however the consequences of securing their oil and the rebuilding contracts will be with us for a long time.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I shall be watching him from the grassy knoll, my friend says you get a better view from the book depository though so I dunno know...it's exciting!!

:nono:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I am just glad that the poll results on this show that the majority of us have our senses and dont believe the bullshit. I think even the slim majority of those who were in favour of war now feel they were cheated by Bliar. If only there was a decent opposition party to that scumbag Im sure hed be out next election, but our so called democracy is in such a poor state that there is no credible choice.

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
Dan this was about welcoming a head of state from our closest allies (Commonwealth countries excluded) do all those who say not welcome really not want him to come and miss out on a big day out in London?

I may not agree with all his politics but he is an elected leader,are some of you so blinded by hatred we can not welcome an ally even if you disagree with his politics?

Sure demonstare against him peacefully but to say he is not welcome is a bit out of order to any democratically elected leader of any country let alone that of our closest allies.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
SM BHAFC said:
Dan this was about welcoming a head of state from our closest allies (Commonwealth countries excluded) do all those who say not welcome really not want him to come and miss out on a big day out in London?

I may not agree with all his politics but he is an elected leader,are some of you so blinded by hatred we can not welcome an ally even if you disagree with his politics?

Sure demonstare against him peacefully but to say he is not welcome is a bit out of order to any democratically elected leader of any country let alone that of our closest allies.

*waits for cries of 'but he wasn't democratically elected etc*

My view is that we are allied to America and if taht is going to continue to be the case then of course he should be welcomed. I think he's a twat but we all know he doesn't run the US anyway. As the country that is the filling in the USA/Europe sandwich i think we should do what we can to remain in this advantageous position for as long as we can.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
OK SM fair point he should be allowed to come, but on the flip side to that the protesters will not be allowed anywhere near the bloke, will be treated like shit, and will all be labelled anarchist/nutbars!

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
Albion Dan said:
OK SM fair point he should be allowed to come, but on the flip side to that the protesters will not be allowed anywhere near the bloke, will be treated like shit, and will all be labelled anarchist/nutbars!

It looks like the Met police will be doing their best to allow as much protest as possible apart from when Bush is actually moving around the city - but surely this is sensible as no-one would expect him to try and drive their motorcade through 50,000 protestors that could, like it or not, be used as cover for a terrorist attack. I think he is well aware of what people in the UK think of him, which is why he was so grateful to Blair for his support. Yes we should welcome him, after all we have welcomed far more distasteful characters recently including Jiang Zemin from China, where the police very blatantly suppressed any kind of protestors for fear we offend that murdering scumbag.

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
I hope your wrong about the protesters bit but I have a feeling there will be a minority of "anarchist nutbars "using the oppurtunity to have a pop at the Ob etc

As for not being allowed anywhere near him again I hope you are wrong I may disagree totally with the demonstraters but I totally defend there right to peaceful protest and if the US secret service try to dictate to the Met they should be told in no uncertain terms who runs the show.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The economist have published an excellent survey on American exceptionalism (i.e. what's the difference between the US and the rest of the world).

It's a great read - encourage anyone to try and pick it up.

Incidentally, the reason that most Americans you meet hate Bush is because they are the ones that travel. It's the majority of US citizens that haven't got a passport and are not likely to travel (predominantly the poorer classes of the southern states) that will be proppoing Bush up.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Bush is not welcome. His war is unjust and has cost hundreds of innocent lives. It makes me sick that the UK and Australia always act like US lackeys. For once demonstrate some independence and just say no.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Of course he's welcome - but I don't have to like the bloke. Dialog is always the way forward. It's just a shame that Bliar is the PM of this nation; someone more interested in his own agenda than telling Bush the truth about his policies. Shame really, as Blair's government meddles in just about anything else they can.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I wonder how many of the people dissing Blair now, voted for him in 1997 ?

I say Bush is welcome. All this talk about saying that ' we knew there were no WMD's ' is pure wishful thinking.

Go back and recall Colin Powells presentation to the UN. The point is not that there were, or were not WMD's, the point is that Saddam Hussein, with his appalling record of gassing his own people, of diverting the money from the ' oil for food ' programme in to his own self serving glorification, was percieved to be developing WMD's and was percieved to be hiding them.

Hindsight is no excuse for re-writing history, especially when that history was only 12 months ago.

So perhaps Bush and Blair made a mistake and assumed too much, it doesn't mean that the action the took to depose Saddam was necessarily wrong, merely that it was a pre-emptive strike.

It's high time the Western World became more proactive and involved in the affairs of the rest of the world, for the simple requirement of self-preservation, if for no other reason.

If we had declared war on Germany in 1938 when they re-occupied the Ruhr and the sudatenland in Chekoslovakia, then many lives lost in WW2 would have been spared. Hitler would have been dead much earlier.

Who knows for certain just how bad Saddam Hussein would have become by 2008 ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here