Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Dubois vs AJ 21/9 Wembley Stadium

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
So glad it was at Wembley in-front of proper punters, not that shit show in Saudi. Wtf was the Saudi national anthem played before the fight???

Because it was basically sponsored by the Saudi government under their Riyadh Season banner. So the anthem was played to keep their paymasters sweet.

AJ should've just retired with his millions following that embarrassing meltdown after the Usyk fight. Surprised he even showed his face in public again after that... He surely won't get another big, meaningful fight now.

The ref was not great tonight with the two harsh reprimands on Dubois and claiming 'no knockdown' for what was clearly a knockdown?! I think he just couldn't believe Joshua had gone down like that twice in quick succession. Or he was just always going to favour him, either or, it made not a shit of difference. Now let's see Dubois face some proper competition (I'm guessing Usyk).

Ref was awful. He also missed AJs gloves touching the ring during one barrage of punches. That should have been a knockdown, although AJ did go down a few seconds later.

He definitely seemed to get the no knockdown wrong too, but I wasn’t convinced the count just before that should have been given as that looked more like a slip to me. I haven’t seen any replays though.

All the pre fight talk was around Dubois having all this power but he wouldn’t be able to land it as AJs movement would be too good. Then AJ came out looking like he has lead in his boots, slow, zero movement and just a static target for Triple D to hit whenever he wanted.

Last edited:

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
As much as I hate / dislike the ksa regime they have put some fantastic fights on and paying the mega money if we get this boxing league which they are preposing and we get 6 cards like that a year at stadiums then it will be interesting

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Gutted for AJ, it may be small consolation to him but he is and remains the peoples champion. I do wonder if the result would have been different had it been hosted in his beloved Saudi. London was lucky to get this event thanks to his excellency but I don't think it helped AJ despite the almost feral atmosphere imploring him to win to cement his absolute greatness.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Gutted for AJ, it may be small consolation to him but he is and remains the peoples champion. I do wonder if the result would have been different had it been hosted in his beloved Saudi. London was lucky to get this event thanks to his excellency but I don't think it helped AJ despite the almost feral atmosphere imploring him to win to cement his absolute greatness.
Don’t do drunks kids.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Normally enjoy your work, but this was overwritten, unrealistic and not particularly original. Must do better, petal.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Excellent post. His Excellency truly excels in being excellent.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Reactions: PWA

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
1726996967444.png

BOOM. He even made his EAR flap.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The only cement was in his boots.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
This looked like a great event but did anyone get the same uneasy feeling about it that I did? All this sucking up to an associate of Saudi Royal family and calling him ‘His excellency’, all the boxers and promoters with their heads up his arse. Topped off with turning Wembley green and singing the Saudi national anthem after the British one in our national stadium when 2 British fighters were headlining! I honestly don’t think the Saudi’s give two shits about boxing or British sport it’s just a quick way of taking advantage of arguably the most corrupt sport in the world to try to sports wash their country and royal family.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A bit harsh on his excellency who put on a quite superb show and one of the best cards ever in UK he deserves all the praise he is getting.

What how for the peoples champion? I'd say a couple of fights in Saudi, perhaps to jock or Riyadh season next year?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here