Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drunk chav hit by police

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
seen the footage of police officer whacking the chave thrown out of club?

Before I saw it I thought it was probably reasonable force but after seeing it im not sure.

I was a plain clothes officer for The Crime Prevention Unit for 7 years in Brighton, dealt with scores of drunk, drug addled violent folk, men and women and only a handful of times have I ever had to strike someone to make them compliant. The force he strikes that woman seems excessive to me, even if he is just trying to deaden her arm.

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Guardian unlimited website, sorry don't know how to link,I am a moron.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I saw that on the news this morning. To be honest, I'm just wondering why he's the only officer to have been punished - there were more there who could/should have stopped him, they had plenty of opportunities in the time it took to throw 5 punches

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Probably needs investigating as it did look at bit over the top, but, if she hadn't have been a) Pissed, b) Thrown out of the club for violent behaviour and c) Causing crimial damage to the cars in the car park - she wouldn't have had a problem then would she.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Tricky Dicky said:
Probably needs investigating as it did look at bit over the top, but, if she hadn't have been a) Pissed, b) Thrown out of the club for violent behaviour and c) Causing crimial damage to the cars in the car park - she wouldn't have had a problem then would she.

Absaloutley, agree with you 100% but she was and it is up to the police to do their job properly.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
that club she got chucked out of is now shut down due to the amount of class a's and guns/knives they found on the floor too - just so you are aware the type of clientelle that used to frequent that club.

She deserved all she got, it was on the arm not exactly around the face. The fact a police dog was involved too just shows how violent she was being.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
OK, eyes down for the buzzword bingo:

PC
Do-gooders
Birch
Liberal
National service

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I see she claimed she was having an epileptic fit. That would appear to be absolute horsesh*t.

I would like to hear from our resident police on what is deemed as reasonable force. It does seem to be heavy handed, I must say.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Springal said:
that club she got chucked out of is now shut down due to the amount of class a's and guns/knives they found on the floor too - just so you are aware the type of clientelle that used to frequent that club.

She deserved all she got, it was on the arm not exactly around the face. The fact a police dog was involved too just shows how violent she was being.

perhaps I should clarify my argument. I believe chavs deserve what they get and she seems particularly unpleasant but that does look quite harsh. I would say however, that she was probably on Class As if really did take that force to make her compliant.

It is a standard practice to deaden someones arm to comply, I have done it myself but that is harsh.

Last edited:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Barrel of Fun said:
I see she claimed she was having an epileptic fit. That would appear to be absolute horsesh*t.

I would like to hear from our resident police on what is deemed as reasonable force. It does seem to be heavy handed, I must say.

They said on the news this morning that it was on the arm and done to restrain her and is normal practise in these situations. No idea if that is true or not. Edna, Edna, where are you ??

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
she was prob on GB or someit

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
There was 3/4 officers there. I can't see any reason why any punches should be thrown to make her "compliant", they should have easily held her down.

*Braces for claims of "lefty", "bleeding-heart", etc...*

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Tricky Dicky said:
They said on the news this morning that it was on the arm and done to restrain her and is normal practise in these situations. No idea if that is true or not. Edna, Edna, where are you ??

It is normal practice like I said but my personal opinion from the video is that looks excessive. It would have been on her arm. However, not knowing what state she was in it is hard to judge. If I was judging that I would let officers off because it is hard to tell but having said that I think it is excessive.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Nibble said:
I was a plain clothes officer for The Crime Prevention Unit for 7 years

now we know where the black suit and light blue shirt you're wearing for the christening come from! borrowed from a uniformed colleague?:lolol: :lolol:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
afters said:
seems fairly reasonable police behaviour in the circumstances. what did she expect? a friendly chat?

When we had four or five people restraining one person we got members of the public shouting at us. They do not uinderstand that we did not what they were carring and that they can punch and kick us but we have to be very careful what we do to them. It is safer to hold them on the floor by five people than to trade punches one on one.

But I still think that is excessive force.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Re: Re: Drunk chav hit by police

afters said:
now we know where the black suit and light blue shirt you're wearing for the christening come from! borrowed from a uniformed colleague?:lolol: :lolol:

:lolol: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here