Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Drought**

Mar 10, 2006
Fuckin' rain we've had over the last couple of years should ensure that the water table is full. Only a few weeks ago a mere shower caused waterlogging proves this. The wankers at water companies will be screaming drought within the next 4 weeks if this dry spell continues.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
My waterbutt is now empty :eek: No significant rainfall here for almost a month.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
My waterbutt is now empty :eek: No significant rainfall here for almost a month.

Although pretty useless when empty every home should install a waterbutt infact I think any household who does should receive a rebate from their local water company to help offset the instalation costs.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hope and pray for some rain, preferably during the night, to make the ground on my allotment softer in places although some parts are still pretty waterlogged from the rain we had around Easter. ome of the ground is like concrete and as said others parts are very soft us gardeners are never happy but havent had to use use any water from tyhe butts much yet.

We are still getting very low temperatures at night so all of those plants that the garden centres are selling must be protected or they will be lost. Oner stall in B Hill was selling runner bean plants, much too early.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Light rain here in beautiful downtown West Saltdean.

You know you're getting old when your first remark is good, it's good for the garden :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here