Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drogba 'To Leave Blues'

ChazzyBHA

Dec 27, 2011
Didier Drogba has revealed he intends to leave UEFA Champions League winners Chelsea, according to reports in France.

The 34-year-old, who scored a late equaliser and the decisive penalty in the shoot-out win over Bayern Munich on Saturday, is reported to have told team-mates his decision during Sunday's trophy parade.

Members of the triumphant Blues squad chanted for Drogba to stay in front of celebrating fans but the Ivory Coast international appears to have called time on an eight-year spell at Stamford Bridge.

"We will not be together next season," Drogba told France Football magazine.

"As I have decided to leave, I wanted to tell them (my team-mates) to their faces.

"They made me break down. I found it hard to admit that it was finished with me and the club.

"But I don't envisage sitting on the bench watching others play at a time when the club is looking at putting together a new team.

"So there we go, I am readying myself for a great leap into the unknown. It will be another adventure."

Drogba has been linked with a lucrative move to Chinese side Shanghai Shenhuan, where his former Chelsea team-mate Nicolas Anelka is player-coach.

Interesting if true ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's only one place he's playing next year.

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
I think everything which was written in that article will be true. He'll be playing in the chinese league and being paid a stupid amount.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Fair enough, go out with a bang, how play for a few years on stupid amount! Only loyalty in footie is to the highest bidder, still, have more respect for him as a player than eto and gyan

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'll take that back as its just been reported on sky sports news:)
After hearing that drivel from terry and cole on the bus tour im not surprised he's fu-king off:lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think everything which was written in that article will be true. He'll be playing in the chinese league and being paid a stupid amount.
Wrong

He'll do well at the Camp Nou for a year
wrong

Fair enough, go out with a bang, how play for a few years on stupid amount! Only loyalty in footie is to the highest bidder, still, have more respect for him as a player than eto and gyan
wrong

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
UEFA Champions League winners? Don't they mean European Cup winners?

Arghhhhhh! The cup has been around longer than the bloody so called Champions League which isn't open to just champions!!!!!!

As for Drogba, I respect his decision. I just hope he does something decent and doesn't take the filthy lucre - unless he does and channels more into charity which he is brilliant at doing.

For all his rolling around and cheating (which I hate) he does have some great redeeming features.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Some of the money he earns gets invested into local communities in the Ivory Coast. Sounds like a decent enough bloke to me. If he cut out all that play acting....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Some of the money he earns gets invested into local communities in the Ivory Coast. Sounds like a decent enough bloke to me. If he cut out all that play acting....
Part of the deal is we've got to build a hospital in the Ivory Coast, but AiTC are on to it.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Truly great striker imo, and what a way to go out, assuming he does take the slow boat and the large cheque.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Whatever the guy does and if we can put aside the diving for one moment... what a great servant to Chelsea. Unbelievable player, good luck fella, thanks for the memories.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here