Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drogba - lousy player, idiot, shame of his team

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Say all you wan't it wasn't a red card and that ruined the game.

A yellow maximum and let them carry on.

Officials were awful I (and everyone who was around mine) thought

You bellend.

He SLAPPED the bloke in the face. How the hell is that not a red?!?!

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
He was a bit petty though.

Chelsea were a bit unsporting kicking the ball off for a throw instead of giving possession back to United properly, so Tevez did the same, booting the ball off straight away.

I'd have done the same, but i think a yellow was probably deserved!

True, but as you said Chelsea had done the exact same thing earlier in the game and no-one got booked. It was the reaction of the Chelsea players that got Tevez booked, not him kicking the ball out.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The rules are quite clear a punch or slap however weak it may be is an automatic red card.

I thought the officials were quite good and made very few mistakes, if any.

As regards kicking the ball out when a player is injued I have always maintained that the team taking the throw should put the ball back over the line in the same spot or on the halfway line and the throw then go to the opposing side nobody gains an advantage then. Clubs who kick the ball back to the keeper could conceed a goal if the goalkeeper has a good enough kick.

Last edited:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
The rules are quite clear a punch or slap however weak it may be is an automatic red card.

I thought the officials were quite good and made very few mistakes, if any.

The ref had a very good game...one of the linesman made a few bad calls....It was a red card you cant slap someone in the face right in front of the ref..thought Makalaye was lucky not to get a red as well...

Oct 25, 2003
Say all you wan't it wasn't a red card and that ruined the game.

A yellow maximum and let them carry on.

Officials were awful I (and everyone who was around mine) thought

it was a red card actually

bit of a waste though, you might aswell give him a punch rather than a stupid girly slap

i mean, what kind of man ACTUALLY slaps another man?!

do men actually do that?

what an IDIOT

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The ref was a twat, Drogba was a twat and Tevez is dirty elbow using cheat, but I like him :)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Can't stand either team. But the arrogance of Chelseas is beyond belief. The way they surrounded the referee was appalling (yes Man Utd were the instigators a few years ago, but last night they didn't seem as bad).

Chelsea never gave the ball back to Utd directly, they chose to tactically put it off for a throw in. When Tevez did the same their reaction was totally over the top (though he did gesture to his own team to push up).

Thought Makelele could have easily walked. Nice to see Vidic stay on his feet when he was slapped, not sure some of the others would of.

Enjoyed the game, I would like Chelsea to win it one day, perhaps beating Arsenal in the final.

Bet Platini and Blatter were gutted there was no crowd trouble, means they have to let England continue in Europe next season.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Can't stand either team. But the arrogance of Chelseas is beyond belief. The way they surrounded the referee was appalling (yes Man Utd were the instigators a few years ago, but last night they didn't seem as bad).

Chelsea never gave the ball back to Utd directly, they chose to tactically put it off for a throw in. When Tevez did the same their reaction was totally over the top (though he did gesture to his own team to push up).

Thought Makelele could have easily walked. Nice to see Vidic stay on his feet when he was slapped, not sure some of the others would of.

Enjoyed the game, I would like Chelsea to win it one day, perhaps beating Arsenal in the final.

Bet Platini and Blatter were gutted there was no crowd trouble, means they have to let England continue in Europe next season.

No, as you point out all the combat was confined to the pitch - and mainly instigated by Chelsea's arrogant bunch of cockends who happily got exactly what they deserved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here