Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Driving past the Amex.....

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
you mean you drive past it? how? i cant help but have to pop in the shop everytime lol haha

I drove past it on Tuesday on my way back home in Kent and the wife wouldn't allow me to go into the shop or Dicks bar. Having said that, the week before she did come with me on a stadium tour, have to give her credit for that one.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I drove past it on Tuesday on my way back home in Kent and the wife wouldn't allow me to go into the shop or Dicks bar. Having said that, the week before she did come with me on a stadium tour, have to give her credit for that one.

sounds like a gooden there, im getting nagged atm about how much i have spent haha trying to get her to come along to a game but she wasnt having it - she is warming a bit now though

-gully-

The Flux Capacitor
Nov 7, 2009
Shrewsbury
Since the Falmer for all campaign, and still to this day I wind the window down and shout "Falmer for all" just hoping that a nimby gets a bit more miffed.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
When you drive Past the Amex do you still stare at it? I've been to every home game and I still can't help myself, looking at it through every gap in the trees!

Sometimes i even have a little shuffle as well ,and i haven`t missed a home game yet.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
During the 2 year build, and especially since the blue seats went in giving it completeness as our home, I love the sight of it.

Its vastness, design, the busy-ness around it even on non-match days when you go to the shop (compared to portakabin offices at Withdean), and finally knowing that already Gus has assembled a fine team which we've witnessed in it.

Anyone that missed Buckley's 2 late goals on that amazing afternoon, must be gutted.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The first time I drove past the completed exterior I remember thinking it was bigger than I thought it would be.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Needs more flags on the outside!

I have not been near the old Goldstone site for a while, but I can now allow myself to look.
Until The Amex opened, I vowed not to.

It's still a little hard to completely come to terms with our new Stadium and believe my own eyes.
It's just like a dream come true, it really is.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
seagull badges on the side need to be bigger please. i love the place so much

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I did earlier and the guy in front broke, could easily have hit him. I'm amazed there haven't been more accidents!!

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
just started back to work on Friday, take a new route now and approach it from the A27 going North...absolutely marvelous scenes when you come around that bend and its RIGHT THERE infront of you! I think it looks LARGEST from this angle.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Been past it loads of times but I still never stop having a warm, lovey-dovey feeling when it comes into view.
And I still keep on gawping until it goes out of view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here