Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] driving ban and points

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
a previous business partner lost his wife to a brain haemorage aged 46 ......Aviva managed to wiggle out of the pay out , 4 kids under 14 ...!! find another insurer , they are *****.

Take the complaint to the financial ombudsman service . They have the power to make insurers pay out if they find in your favour .

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Take the complaint to the financial ombudsman service . They have the power to make insurers pay out if they find in your favour .

They have to find in your favour first. I can't believe a company like Aviva would avoid paying if there was a grey area. The bad publicity wouldn't be worth it.

Brighthelmstone

Nov 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
Normally I would expect that you only need to tell insurers of points when you come up for renewal as they would be taken into account when providing the renewal quote. Mid term shouldn't be a requirement but worth checking.

Endorsements count as a change in your circumstances, similar to a change of address etc. some insurers are fine, others not. Probably safest to check like you say though.

D

Deleted member 2719

Being in lockdown has done wonders for my points!

I just wonder whether there was more or less speeding fines given in these times.

More because there was no fecker's on the roads or less because there were no fecker's on the road.:lolol:

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
a previous business partner lost his wife to a brain haemorage aged 46 ......Aviva managed to wiggle out of the pay out , 4 kids under 14 ...!! find another insurer , they are *****.

My wife died of a stoke out of the blue coming up to 2 years ago now. Our bank BNZ wriggled out of paying the life insurance . Absolute *****.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Download the Waze app if you haven’t already you won’t get caught out by a speed camera again.

Only use Waze for navigation these days, apart from speed cameras and red light cameras, given the state of the roads being warned about potholes is a useful function, as well being advised of stationary vehicles ahead. It even gives you a countdown to how many yard/metres ahead the speed cameras are. Some of them are very well concealed.

On long journeys I tend to leave Waze on even if I’m not using the sat nav facility as it still warns about speed cameras.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here