Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Driver-less tube trains, really?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
An old friend of mine after a heavy night of varied intoxicants thought a tube train was there on his way home on a Sunday morning. It wasn't and onto the track he fell, 10,000 volts firing into his head and singeing rather seriously the now hairless scalp that sat atop it. Thankfully he was out of hospital after a few days, and back on the bad stuffs a week later.

funnily enough that is what i want to do with my life if they wanted to they probaly can but with the current technology used on the jubilee line they could not as all platforms on the jubilee extension are straight other stations that are outdoors it could result in a problem the only way to solve it is to build a monorail :)

Obviously you are not an English language graduate, or have any concept of punctuation or the forming of a sentence.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so what this column is saying is that people who think that 'driverless' trains will defeat Bob Crow, clearly don't know what they're talking about?

the peice claims the DLR staff is unionised, and with majority RMT, but nothing to back either points. i dont recall any strikes on the DLR, even when the rest of the tube network was supposed to be all out, so i'd question union involvment in that branch.

the peice claims the DLR staff is unionised, and with majority RMT, but nothing to back either points. i dont recall any strikes on the DLR, even when the rest of the tube network was supposed to be all out, so i'd question union involvment in that branch.

DLR branch | RMT London Calling

RMT Secures £2500 Olympics Pay Deal On Docklands Light Railway

Submitted by Peter on Thu, 26/01/2012 - 14:06
DLR branch
RMT press releases
Docklands Light Railway
Olympics 2012
Pay

Transport union RMT said today that it has secured a ground breaking Olympics pay deal on DLR worth £2500 made up of a guaranteed attendance payment of £900 and guaranteed overtime payments for all staff throught the olympics and paralympics period.

The agreement is constructed as follows:
•£900 attendance bonus, paid at £100 per week over a 9-week period for all staff in every grade.∙
•Time +¾ for any hour worked on overtime throughout the 9-week period with a guaranteed minimum 5 hours per week, 45 hours over the 9 week period, for all staff in every grade.

RMT General Secretary Bob Crow said

"This is a truly groundbreaking deal raising the bar in the industry and putting £2500 in our members pockets as a reward for the extra workload and pressure they will carry throughout the olympic and paralympics period.

The deal also reflects the hard work of our negotiating team and shows yet again that the organising strategy of RMT delivers the best pay and conditions time and time again."

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

It could be that DLR and RMT have decent Industrial Relations which the other networks should aspire to.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
It could be that DLR and RMT have decent Industrial Relations which the other networks should aspire to.

You can't go saying that. There are a few on here that instinctively think union
= bad. Even those with perks they benefit from that were negotiated by the very union they despise.

Luckily not all.businesses think that way irrespective of how antagonistic some union leaders are.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I knew staff on the Victoria line many years ago who confirmed that there was no need for a driver but they had to carry a member of staff because of union pressure,this of course raised fares.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here