Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drinks Vending Machines

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Most of the Drinks are pretty rank where i work dont really see the point in them, the tea is just boiling water with a tan food colouring in it! the hot chocs ok. Does anyone actually enjoy the drinks they get at work?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We've got a kitchen, and have to make our tea "manually".
Bit of a pain when its your round, but at least it means you get a decent cuppa. And I have an Albion MUG I use as well.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
No, they're awful. To make matters worse we have to pay for ours, 15p for a standard cup of tea/coffee and 25p for a Mocha or Cappucinno.

:nono:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
we have a few different ones, they are all at varying degrees of nasty but the westomatic espresso machine - with the brita filter on one side is surely the worst of all machines anywhere. we have a kettle and teapot as well though.

however we have a new citrus juice machine and that is really wonderful. lemon and orange crush. it is all natural and stuff as well.

Jan 30, 2008
Most of the Drinks are pretty rank where i work dont really see the point in them, the tea is just boiling water with a tan food colouring in it! the hot chocs ok. Does anyone actually enjoy the drinks they get at work?
only the ones that do more drinking and not a lot of working

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
i think the chicken soup must be the worst here, you can smell it for about a hour after its been made glad im no were near the machines! although no1 ever admits to drinking it!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
YES! I get a strong espresso... and a strong espresso-choc... and mix them together (tipping away any excess espresso-choc) - the end result is drinkable and rather satisfying.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Ours are crap too. Thats why I have a stock of these in my drawer and just use the hot water. Naturally into a BHA mug.

promo_products.jpg

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
We have Nescafe Gold Blend, a poor excuse for coffee and we have to make it manually but I prefer it that way because at least you get to decide how much you have and how milky it is. The only reasonably nice instant latte I've found is Del Monte which just about does the trick.

The tea is bog standard Tetleys bags, not much wrong with that. I recently discovered an "Albion Legends" mug in our office which I now use regularly, just need to track down the owner

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Our vending machines at work are FREE but pretty shit. They do however provide free milk so I make my own fair trade decaf Tea :)

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Ours are crap too. Thats why I have a stock of these in my drawer and just use the hot water. Naturally into a BHA mug.

promo_products.jpg

Good call I reckon! :thumbsup:

We don't have a coffee machine where I work.

Just a water cooler, so it's a Robinsons fruit squash for me then!

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
We have a few drinks vending machines for tea and coffee etc. They dispense fair trade tea for 75p. Wouldn't expect anything less from a university would you?

At work, it's make your own

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Wont fit in the lorry. I'll stick with my 24v kettle and tea bags,

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No vending machines, we usually just click our fingers towards the newest person on section and get them to make it.
:lolol:

Not convinced about the hygiene standards of our kitchen though, no matter how many times the mugs get washed, there's always a slightly off putting film of something or other on the surface of office tea.

Hey, what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
"Make it KSV for your coffee and tea - your local vending experts"

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
We've got a kitchen, and have to make our tea "manually".
Bit of a pain when its your round, but at least it means you get a decent cuppa. And I have an Albion MUG I use as well.

Ditto although I choose to make proper tea over the vends available. I also have an Albion mug at my desk but I don't do rounds. I wouldn't trust anyone to make my tea properly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here