Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drinking in the USA.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
dwayne said:
Most of the kiddies there have fake ID's. Get one and you will have no problem.

I met a 15 year old swedish girl in a club in Miami, over the summer!:drink:

PAEDO!

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
Yeah, the general rule they have is that they will ask for ID if they are not sure you look over 35.

I was out in Florida a couple of years back when I was 28, and got asked for it all the time. Pain in the bloody arse. And the beer was week as piss.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
McShane79 said:
Yeah, the general rule they have is that they will ask for ID if they are not sure you look over 35.

I was out in Florida a couple of years back when I was 28, and got asked for it all the time. Pain in the bloody arse. And the beer was week as piss.

Yes, same here.....was with my oldest son who was 27 at the time....he didn,t have ID.....so he had to drink coke...!

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I was told you can get in to most bars and clubs being 18, but to drink you have to ware a wrist band which you can get by showing ID.

To buy stuff from the liquor store and from walmart i only needed to show one id for the group of us and walmart only really tents to sell larger

But when i went to the basketball and cirques de solei, i had to show id, and also at the theme parks where its one beer for one id, best bet is to have a few swifty's before you go anywhere

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
get a fake uk license out the back of FHM.......been in america for 5 yrs now and that helped out a lot........make sure its like the drivers license..........US bouncers dont know the difference.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I had a beer in CHEERS (Boston) when I was 22....anyway I only got asked ID at the clubs I went too but over there they seem to ask everyone ID no matter how old you are.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
I went to Chicago and Columbus on business last year. Chicago was very strict and asked for ID nearly everywhere. Columbus I dont recall getting asked.

Also went to Orlando three years ago and dont recall ever getting asked.

By the way I am 35.

HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Dec 7, 2004
NR SOUTHAMPTON
How's this for showing you how stupid Yanks are when it comes to beer.
In Portland Oregon in 2002 and went to baseball game.
My Mum went to buy a beer as she was not driving.
She was refused a brew because she had no ID.
MY MUM WAS AGED 65 AT THE TIME!!!!!
Dickhead Yanks or what!
HAMPSHIRE DAVE:shootself

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
We gave the Americans their language, but who the hell gave them anal retentitiveness?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As a rule, bar staff tend to ask for ID for anyone they think looks under 30.

I remember a colleague of mine going to a restaurant bar in Orlando and ordering a round of drinks, and the barwoman wouldn't pour them until my colleague had physically pointed out to her everyone in our group who had ordered, so she could check we were all old enough.

Wish more licensed premises in this country took that attitude, instead of unquestioningly flogging bottles of White Lightning to every 15 year old that turns up.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Double post... the latest is below.

Last edited:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
We gave the Americans their language, but who the hell gave them anal retentitiveness?

Who fcuked up and sent us the Puritans and sent the bloody Aussies all the criminals and Fenians? Got that one back-asswards, didn't ye?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here