Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drinking in Burnley

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Seagulls fans coming from Leeds for the Burnley game and dont know of any away supporters pubs/bars that we can go to before the match. any help would be marvelous......GOM

Dandyman

In London village.
GOM said:
Seagulls fans coming from Leeds for the Burnley game and dont know of any away supporters pubs/bars that we can go to before the match. any help would be marvelous......GOM

Ministry of Ale, about 5 mins from BMR.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
wanted to go there last season but couldn't find it!!!!!!!! :(

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
How much into the Cricket club, asuming some kind of social club, AND when do they shut the doors due to being full?

Thats all...

:wave:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
There are several snack bars, and at the last check, beer was still not being served. The toilets are fairly basic and this is now the oldest of the stands in the ground, and the one at the top of a £10M redevelopment plan once the Cricket Club to the rear can be relocated.

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
We got to the cricket ground (right behind the away end) about 1 and it was pretty quiet, good mix of Brighton and locals, no trouble. Some food available, not sure of the quality though, bar and a snooker table and a pretty fit barmaid from what I can recall! :clap2:

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Cricket Club is the only 'Safe' place to drink before the match, my missus comes from there as to (obviously) all my in-laws. Any pubs close to the ground will not let you in, and if you do get in, you are likely to meet one or two characters !

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Burnley has a lot of decent pubs, most of which are fine as long as you:

1) Don't wear colours
2) Don't let them know you're a Brighton fan
3) Don't make it too obvious you're southern
4) Don't order blue WKDs, pay with 10p coins or generally act like a student.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
The Northstander said:
How much into the Cricket club, asuming some kind of social club, AND when do they shut the doors due to being full?

Thats all...

:wave:

It didn't cost anything to get in.

We got in there last year around 12, snooker table football table and sky sports.

Gets really busy by about 1.30

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Benny Zamora said:
Burnley has a lot of decent pubs, most of which are fine as long as you:

1) Don't wear colours
2) Don't let them know you're a Brighton fan
3) Don't make it too obvious you're southern
4) Don't order blue WKDs, pay with 10p coins or generally act like a student.

the whole southern accent may be a give away

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Is Burnley any worse than any of the other places we've visited this season...........had a good drink at all except Preston and haven't encountered any problems.:drink: :drink:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
thanks guys. i now knw were im going and might see a few or loads of you in there. (burnley c.c.) i meen. pleasent:drink: and we want falmer. say YES

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
I would recommend the cricket club next to the ground as not only do they do a selection of :drink: they also do fabulous northern cuisine such as chips and gravy. And if you get there early enough you can park your car there as well.

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Burnley is not as bad as people are making out.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Went in the Cricket Club last season - well worth a visit and good value for money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here