Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drinking and driving at The Amex

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If you were parked in Bennetts Field, had a couple of pints before, a couple at half time - you'd have got under the legal drink driving limit by the time you've got out of the carpark! :thumbsup:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Golf clubs are worse.
No one uses the public transport to get to them and most golfers are guzzling after a round.
Mind you they normal have the added protection of a retired copper on the committee as a get out of jail free card.

My Gran was furious when a pissed old gent from her golf club was nicked for drink driving. A new WPC had the very simple idea of waiting at the end of the road leading to it in the early evening and pulling over the 1st erratically driven car leaving it. Jackpot on the 1st one. All the golfies were complaining how it was underhand and sneaky of her. Oddly no one has been nicked at that spot since, I figure the masons explained that drink-driving was a protected country sport.

D

Deleted member 2719

My Gran was furious when a pissed old gent from her golf club was nicked for drink driving. A new WPC had the very simple idea of waiting at the end of the road leading to it in the early evening and pulling over the 1st erratically driven car leaving it. Jackpot on the 1st one. All the golfies were complaining how it was underhand and sneaky of her. Oddly no one has been nicked at that spot since, I figure the masons explained that drink-driving was a protected country sport.

:lolol: Shouldn't laugh but so true.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Whilst lots of people drive, there is more than one person per car, we have a full car, so each car could easily buy several pints, without the driver having any......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here