Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drinking a Away Games

How Many Pints Help you through the day...

• 0 - Alcohol is the Devils Juice

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 1-2 - Nominated Driver / Like to be in control

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • 3-4 - Helps me get into the mood

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • 5-6 - Like the hazy feeling

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • 7-8 - Have no desire to have a clear recollection of another Oatway performance

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • 9+ - Am just on the piss

Votes: 7 12.7%

• Total voters

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
I don't think you need to ask...

:drink: :drink:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If not on driving duty it's normally 5/6 depending on the mode and distance of travel.....

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
good poll, depends on the quality and circumstances of the away trip really.

for example, driving to leeds mid-week will be a one-pinter, whereas a pre-season friendly against welling utd or whoever requires at least 6 pints to be watchable.

voted for 3-4 as a happy medium.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
3-4 as I like to remember the match and make the most of it.....trouble is its usually 5-6!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Due to having access to a company vehicle and 'free' petrol, I've generally been one to drive to away games which means a couple of pre-match pints to keep the nerves in check.

Before a home game with no car to worry about, 5-6 is about the mark and it seems to be about the right amount. I expect to do more train trips for away games this season, so will report back in 10 months time.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
Normally it depends on if I'm driving, or if I have the kids with me. However, this season will be slightly different that previous ones, so about 4 pints should be my average, but we will see!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If im on the train it can get a bit OTT with 9+ across the whole day, thats morning to night, would say about 6 is the norm which can also lead to some fairly interesting days out.

Crazy Cornish Gal

Dec 26, 2003
Brighton
Usually we drive, and one drives there and one back, so it's one if i'm lucky :(

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I have five pints before most home games, away games wher eI am not driving will normally be about 4 cans in the car on the way plus four or five pints in th epub before hand, normally semi pissed by kick off, gets me in the mood for a good old sing song

Sitting Room Only

Jul 5, 2003
Somewhere off the M1
Semi Pissed after 4 cans and 5 pints - You must be some sort of super duper hero

Robbo

Sitting Room Only said:
Semi Pissed after 4 cans and 5 pints - You must be some sort of super duper hero

Or do what you do, and NECK three cans of WIFE BEATER in half an hour, and be completey SMASHED for the rest of the day, particulary in the ground where you call EVERYBODY C U N T S !

:jester:

Dandyman

In London village.
How many pints equals a cpuple of jugs of Pimms or a bottle of decent Port ?

poke

Oct 19, 2003
i get a bit tipsy before the game, so i can remember the game.

But after the game usually end up getting completely mullered

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
Depends on the availability of a decent pint of bitter, if so then 3/4 if I'm not driving

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hazy for me, hardly surprising after our away form last season :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here