Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DRFC fan, HELP!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
[MENTION=20482]red-one[/MENTION] Free Parking at Brighton Marina (multi storey) NOT ASDA CAR PARK then no.23 bus right outside the car park straight to the ground. Simples!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Taxis are ridiculously expensive as it is. Laugh in their face and chastise them for being thieves for quoting you £35. That is utterly horrendous. Steer clear of them. Which firm was that?

red-one

Jul 28, 2011
[MENTION=20482]red-one[/MENTION] - what have your lot been told with regard to transport and parking etc?

There's nothing on your official site at all - has communication been issued by another method?

I'm interested to see what our club are doing to help away fans visit the Amex.

Nothing, the supporters club run buses but i'm staying for the week so not an option.
i'll try ringing your club again.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I would recommend using one of the Park and Ride sites, ring our club and ask to purchase a travel voucher (you'll need 1 per person I think).

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
if you are going to Selsey on Saturday morning, just drive to Chichester (about 15 minutes by car). Plenty of parking around Chichester station and get a train to Brighton...then Falmer.

the best plans are always the simplest ones :)

Roughly every half hour but 12.00 train from Chichester gets in to Brighton 50 minutes later. 6 o'clock train back from Brighton - Cost about £12 return

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nothing, the supporters club run buses but i'm staying for the week so not an option.
i'll try ringing your club again.

That will be poor if so. What I'd hope/expect is that your ticket(s) will be accompanied with a "Way to the Amex" type leaflet which will help you plan. The problem is, of course, tickets don't tend to arrive until quite close to the event which means planning might have to be last minute.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I thought the away tickets also come with the travel voucher... If the 4 of you have tickets, you will only have to pay from Chichester to Worthing( is it? can't remember where the travel voucher line starts/stops). Not sure how much that is but would not think it's that expensive.

red-one

Jul 28, 2011
[MENTION=20482]red-one[/MENTION] Free Parking at Brighton Marina (multi storey) NOT ASDA CAR PARK then no.23 bus right outside the car park straight to the ground. Simples!

Yes i've found all the parking areas in Brighton, the problem is i can't book onto the caravan park until noon and fear the parking spaces will be taken by the time i arrive. Thanks anyway guys.

Snorfy

Jan 24, 2010
I would say your best option in ease of travel and cost would be to drive from Selsey on A27 to Brighton and use park and ride at Mill Road. This P&R is easy to get to as it's just off A27 (Brighton town centre junction). You will need to obtain a voucher from club next week which will likely to be £1.50 or £2.00. Bus takes about 10 mins.

If you do get a travel voucher another way is to park at a train station within the 'free' (voucher) area. For example, try Portslade Train station which is again easy to get to from A27 and you will find on street parking for free. There is a regular service from there into Brighton, change there for Falmer. All for just a couple of quid! Travel time on train is about 20 mins.

Hope this helps, but be warned to make your journey early as will be busy, i'd say get to P&R or Portslade by 1pm to 1:30pm and enjoy our new surroundings.

Jun 22, 2011
More options, Park in Southwick or Portslade all roads are free and you will be able to park, Jump the train from either station to Brighton change at Brighon for Falmer, train will take about 8 mins from Portslade to Btn and 10 from Southwick to Btn, dont pay the private drive fee save your money, the train will be busy but the atmosphere will be great.

red-one

Jul 28, 2011
That will be poor if so. What I'd hope/expect is that your ticket(s) will be accompanied with a "Way to the Amex" type leaflet which will help you plan. The problem is, of course, tickets don't tend to arrive until quite close to the event which means planning might have to be last minute.

Bought my ticket, no leaflets or travel vouchers.
we've sold our allocation already, hoping more will be issued as there's a lot of disappointed Donny fans who see this as a very special game.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
50 pounds for the day?

orig_bloc_100_0960_block_paved_drive.jpg

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Travel advice from BHAFC

Amex Travel advice

Users of the following Football park and ride schemes need travel vouchers from the club

Mithras House and Cockroft House (University of Brighton) - Lewes Road
Brighton Racecourse
Mill Road off A23 / A27 but only accessed from A23

Near site parking
There is extremely limited club parking near to the stadium which can ONLY be pre-booked.
There is no drive up parking available on the day.
To book log onto seagulls.co.uk and follow the links to the stadium car parkinig page to purchase parking (subject to availability)

Important things to remember if travelling by car
Ensure that you share wherever possible
Under no circumstances will you be able to use the near site car parking if you have not already pre-booked.There are no uncontrolled parking areas at either University or the Brighton ALdridge Academy site - these will be stewarded
No on street parking anywhere close to the stadium - controlled schemes will make sure this isupheldAccess to residential psrking on matchdays will only be available to residents, and will be controlled by stewards
Any cars parked around the staium run the risk of receiving a parking ticket or being towed awa.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here