Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dragons den

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
watched every episode and is a brilliant program. After watching it, always gets me thinking of get rich quick inventions. :lolol:

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Superb programme :clap:

Is it me, or is that every new idea bringer wants more money to be invested in their company this series?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Lammy said:
water is cheaper on a meter (unless you have 12 kids)

Ok. But saving money on it by cutting the amount you use by half can only be good. They didn't give a toss.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
The first bloke last night was a complete waste of time, even if he's product had been the best in the world, he wouldnt have sold it due to his ineptitude, for christ's sake, it took him 10 minutes to keep a sentance out, looked like he was out of breath.

Any the funny thing was, the device he brought with him was never actually plugged in.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I thought that it was strange that they didnt say how much the red letter day woman was worth, only that she had money to invest.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Dragons Den is one of my favourite programmes currently. Loved the guy with the shaving cream idea - told the dragons he was worth £4million and they said "why are you coming on here asking us for £150 grand then"!

Rachel Elnaugh's company went into administration (Red Letter Days) and was puchased by Peter Jones and Theo Paphitis from the administrators, so given those circumstances I doubt she would have too much money left.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
They should also do a follow up programme to series one to show what happened next to the businesses that won funding. I would like to know what happened to the truffle farm in France that student guy got £100k from Simon Woodruffe to set up!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Buzza said:

Does Duncan Bannatyne (the Scottish Dragon who has a string of health clubs) ever invest in anything? I haven't seen him interested in anything yet!

DB actually made an offer tonight!!! But maybe he realised that the other dragons wouldn't stump up the other £150,000?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
BUTTERBALL said:
They should also do a follow up programme to series one to show what happened next to the businesses that won funding. I would like to know what happened to the truffle farm in France that student guy got £100k from Simon Woodruffe to set up!

yeah that would be great. they all thought simon was mad. wasnt it something like 'you will get your money back....in 10 years'

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I think it's a brilliant programme when they focus on the business issues.
It's when it turns into a fame accademy/pop idol slagging session that it turns shit.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
The Keeper said:
That fella who was selling something in advertising.

Too much marching powder I think :lolol:

The dude they slagged off for wearing jeans and trainers?

"I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than invest in you..." :lolol:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
And the double act at the end with the baby rocking device...

"We'll buy into your company, but only if YOU don't run it..."

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
How did that couple get over 250k in the hole making natural skin cream? As Theo said, "you need help".

That bloke who had invented a way to get pictures on to chocolate was good:
"Can you do it on milk chocolate?"
"No"
"Next"

And then you had the fella who had that holster thing for putting cans in and then admitted that he "wasn't very good with money".

That shit shoveller thing was quite a clever invention but who wants to walk their dog looking like a stormtrooper?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Most of the people they funded have crashed and burned. Most of the people who got investment from them have dropped them. The guy who sold dispoable umbrellas on the underground dumped the Dragons and is making a very nice living.

The dragons are so far up their own arses they can see out of their mouths. Theo is a complete arrogant prick and the guy who he told would rather stick needles in his eyes should have lamped hom one. The Yank has never invested in anything in 2 series, the Scottish twat has never invested in anything in 2 series, the womans company Red Letter Days folded and was wound up for bankruptcy and the only one with any savvy is Peter whatsisname but he just tries to screw over the people as best he can.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
BUTTERBALL said:
Can't believe the 2 guys with the 'field shelter' idea walked away from the dragons offer. They were living in cuckoo land :lolol:
I could believe it.

Those dragons wanted half the company, and as one of them hopefuls asked 'what can you bring to my company?' Answer: Fluster and bullshit. As was pointed out, they knew nothing of the product. Their biggest mistake was that they were asking the wrong people for support.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Peter Jones has said, on more than one occasion "I wouldn't do business with someone who isn't smartly turned out in a suit!"

Yeah right!

Someone comes to you with a deal that could make you millions and your going to turn him down because he doesn't look smart!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here