Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Dracula

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Brilliant series

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I thought episode 1 was very good, loved the vampire baby,the nun taunting Dracula at the convent gate,a few genuinely chilling moments but what a difference between eps 1 and 2.The second episode almost became a Carry On Film. It was unintentionally hilarious, the reveal at the end was unexpected but other than that it was so awful it was worth watching for the comedy value. I will watch the last episode tonight but I have no idea what to expect

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Been away for New Year in France with friends, saw some of the first episode and it was a bit long winded, did not listen to all the dialogue as was drinking heartily …. I recall there was so much yakking between the senior nun and Dracula that went on and on... FFS, tell him " You are not wanted here, piss off " and then lock the gates,doors and windows and have the nuns room in pairs, one sleeping, one awake covering with a crucifix and wooden stake and rotate. simples

You’re the sort of bloke who’d baulk at the damsel who turns her ankle when running from the plodding Frankenstein wouldnt you ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You’re the sort of bloke who’d baulk at the damsel who turns her ankle when running from the plodding Frankenstein wouldnt you ?
She should be suitably attired in advance, no excuse for bad planning. Anyway, Frankenstein, in the Mike Spilligan version, used to stagger the land looking to cadge a roll up rather than to do bad things.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
She should be suitably attired in advance, no excuse for bad planning. Anyway, Frankenstein, in the Mike Spilligan version, used to stagger the land looking to cadge a roll up rather than to do bad things.

The Gene Hackman and Peter Boyle scene takes some beating in horror spoofs ...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
‘He might be a vampire but he has rights’..... marvellous satire on today’s society.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
A bit of a disappointing ending for me. After 500 years he's just realised he doesn't burn in the sunlight WTF, but all in all a cracking series with quality dark humour.

Last edited:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I made the mistake of leaving it a bit late to watch this on iplayer. I watched the first two episodes without any issues but for the final episode yesterday it was accompanied by a really annoying audio description... "Dracula takes two steps back" "Dracula looks at her with a winning smile" etc etc. I thought I had accidentally pressed the AD button but just couldn't find a way to turn it off. I subsequently discovered that non AD versions often expire before the AD version so you have no choice but to watch it with the audio description. It was considerably more intrusive than the little person in the corner of the screen doing sign language which you often get in late night repeats of certain programmes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here