Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dr Who - The end of time

Seeing as nobody has started a thread regarding this yet I thought I might as well. Only just finished watching it on iplayer (daughters got too scared after 15' of it). I liked it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
blatant plagarism at the end.. Phantom Menace rip off as Dalton addresses the Time Lords of Galafrey

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Bit too much going on for my liking. Yet despite that, you could probably watch the first 15 minutes, and the last 5, and you'd get the overall picture.

Will be easier to judge when part 2 has been on, which is set up very nicely.

5/10

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I think it fair to say though that Tennant and Simm are utterly brilliant actors.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
bloody hell, a doctor who thread NOT started by 1066gull

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3269323 said:
What was with Dalton's spitting at the end :lolol:

he was a bit over the top on that... Spew To a Kill ?

1066gull

took a little while to get going

apparently the footage of the master returning was already filmed for anyone choosing to use it!! but RTD decided to use it himself by closing all loopholes and references so Moffat has a clean slate

and the Doctor actually uses a gun which is not like him in part 2

btw preview scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_1BBAXIjk0

i really do not like the Timelords, but having said Stephen Moffat's writing represents a cultural peak for society so I have high hopes for his plans.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Really liked it. Some bits a little flawed but you really can't find much better event Tv around. The weirdest thing was those crap green people who were disguised as humans, felt very out of place in what is otherwise a serious episode! Also, The Master seemed to go from nothing to the entire human race with consummate ease, without the feel of a grand plan in motion like the end of Series 3, which is a little odd considering this will be a 2h15 episode in total.

bobbab5

Sep 5, 2003
Ely, Cambs.
I'm guessing that Timothy Dalton is playing Borusa, as it would be a bit odd if another nutter took over as President of the Time Lords.
Then again, just look at the Romans and the amount of nutty emperors they had!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I was a bit disappointed, but perhaps part two will be better.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I liked it, did the job of setting up the 'big one' on NYD very nicely, and left plenty of questions to be answered.

I read an interview with DT where he said that somewhere within the two episodes (so presumably in part two) is "a twist that no-one will see coming", so it'll be interesting to see what that ends up being.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I liked it, did the job of setting up the 'big one' on NYD very nicely, and left plenty of questions to be answered.

I read an interview with DT where he said that somewhere within the two episodes (so presumably in part two) is "a twist that no-one will see coming", so it'll be interesting to see what that ends up being.

I think its going to end up with Cribbins smoking the good Doctor with his service revolver

1066gull

Really liked it. Some bits a little flawed but you really can't find much better event Tv around.

The Master seemed to go from nothing to the entire human race with consummate ease, without the feel of a grand plan in motion like the end of Series 3, which is a little odd considering this will be a 2h15 episode in total.

Yeh there was, Farscape. Much better written story and the same problem escalated so much it continued for five seasons, that all the problems one man (human) faced against new and evading species, humans were in the end, superior.

I don't like the format RTD does big episodes like these. WW said it, too much happens. We saw it at the end of Series 2 when we knew Rose was gonna die before the adventure even started.

blatant plagarism at the end.. Phantom Menace rip off as Dalton addresses the Time Lords of Galafrey

Is called intertextuality, and in film is seen as an appreciation of others work.

Many films use it ALL the time. Heck when watching Shrek 2 i counted dozens of references to other films: Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, Hollywood and much more!!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the end was superb - the rest was average. the doctor had become very boring with his "last of the time lords, save the world, aren't i brilliant routine", so hopefully bringing back to the time lords will add a bit of more depth to the character ahead of the change

simm is bloody class though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here