Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Dr Michael Mosley - RIP 09/06/2024

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I’m “wedded to my phone” as you say however I’ve just had a week in Spain and my phone was off and locked in the safe for the duration.

The point I’m making is I don’t find it in the slightest bit odd that he didn’t have his phone.
Well, same here. I tend to leave mine in the safe a lot of the time when I'm on holiday. Would take it on a remote, long walk but this doesn't really sound like that and CCTV showing him in the village 20 minutes after he left the beach makes it even more of a mystery.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well, same here. I tend to leave mine in the safe a lot of the time when I'm on holiday. Would take it on a remote, long walk but this doesn't really sound like that and CCTV showing him in the village 20 minutes after he left the beach makes it even more of a mystery.

What safe passcode do you tend to use?

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Sounds like neither he nor his wife had their mobiles. I suppose not everyone is wedded to them like most of us. Perhaps they just deemed it inconvenient and unnecessary at the beach. Hope we get some good news soon but it's difficult to be optimistic now.
I read his was left on the beach with his wife - if true that. Is. Weird. ...unless battery was flat so little point in taking it 🤔

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I’m “wedded to my phone” as you say however I’ve just had a week in Spain and my phone was off and locked in the safe for the duration.

The point I’m making is I don’t find it in the slightest bit odd that he didn’t have his phone.
I do. Why take it to the beach (where you're less likely to need it since with wife and probably others about) but then DON'T take it when you go for a walk through a possibly isolated spot in 35 degree heat.
So, to me, IT'S VERY ODD... unless,as I mentioned above, the battery had discharged.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I do. Why take it to the beach (where you're less likely to need it since with wife and probably others about) but then DON'T take it when you go for a walk through a possibly isolated spot in 35 degree heat.
So, to me, IT'S VERY ODD... unless,as I mentioned above, the battery had discharged.

He wanted a break from the lure of NSC.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Ok, the wording was a bit ambiguous so I probably got it wrong: " his phone was found where he was staying with his wife" or somesuch... I took to mean 'on the beach,' but it quite possibly meant in their accommodation.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
- also in 40* heat, mobile phones and ipads overheat and shutdown very quickly and if he wanted to go for a ride in a taxi boat, or a swim, maybe he thought leaving the phone behind with his wife and their stuff on the beach/in the appartment was a probably sensible idea.

Very worrying for his family …

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Sounds v much like he walked ok from town to beach (the initial search area) and then decided to do some mountain walking and lost his way, hopefully not falling anywhere. Tiny island so there's still hope he can be found.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Seems odd to me that he hasn’t been found yet. It’s a really small island.

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Be nice, though highly unlikely, that he's shacked up with a local lady somewhere...

Having just watched the Anita Pallenberg film, I doubt if they would send a search party out for Keith Richards unless he was missing for over 6 months !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here