Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Downton Abbey.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's got nothing to do with being a bloke. You should be ashamed on the grounds of taste regardless of your gender - it's fluffy rubbish, as ITV solely deal in these days.

Oh no! now I'm getting the flashbacks! Banjo helped me through the difficult times, now this bully Spider has turned my world on it's head!

What do I do? take it meekly on the chin? or FIGHT BACK!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Oh no! now I'm getting the flashbacks! Banjo helped me through the difficult times, now this bully Spider has turned my world on it's head!

What do I do? take it meekly on the chin? or FIGHT BACK!

Fight back :drool:

Or, don't take what was essentially a lighthearted, if differing, opinion quite so seriously?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Fight back :drool:

Or, don't take what was essentially a lighthearted, if differing, opinion quite so seriously?

I am joking mate. :)

Have been through the whole thread.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I am joking mate. :)

Have been through the whole thread.

Oops. How ironic that it was me that mistook serious intent when that was what I was having a go at you for!

I better join you in that darkened room and thrash my sarcasm radar back into place!

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
If you watch the whole programme it makes a lot more sense. Rather than than missing the last 10 minuets to make a cup of tea in time for the next programme. :)

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
D A was on the telly, in the background. After a while, I found myself watching it and quite enjoying it.

As a bloke, have I done wrong?

Fill your boots mate, I watch it and quite enjoy it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I was watching Downton and partner was asleep on the sofa then he woke up said "I can't watch this shit - grabbed the remote and turned it over to Dragon's Den" I am just waiting for him to drift back off again now!
That would be like singing my own death warrant in my house.......she is Downton mad!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I will stick my long neck out and say I love it. There, I've said it now.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Lol I just mentioned this thread to other half and he said - 'I don't see what you see in that programme' I said I like those period dramas - his answer 'it's period bollox' lol guess he doesn't like it!!!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I bloody love Downton Abbey. It's like a cross between "Pride and Prejudice" and "24" - both of which are also ACE

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
we watch it in chez wilcock, and it is brilliant ( Maggie Smith steals every scene she is in!!) however the one thing that gets on my goat is the amount of adverts...one set every 10 minutes now, in an hour and a half show, that is just rediculous. So we will probably record it and start watching later on, winding through the ads like we used to do with XFactor and BGT ( but they are both so SHITE, we dont bother watching them anymore)

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I never look forward to it, end up watching it and loving it.

Now Dragons Den on the other hand. Do you really like seeing such innate greed on display?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wife has the boxset from the 1st series which she just sat thru before the 2nd started so somewhat Abbey'd out now

Yes, laura bought us the first two series. Burned them onto the Ipod using handbrake and now watch them when I want...or not!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here