Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

downloading music

robcorrall

Feb 27, 2009
hi, i havnt been downloading free music for a while. i used limewire but got frustrated with that then starting using youtubedownloader, i loved that but cant get that to work anymore, something about a flash player.

just looking to download single tracks over full albums. i still like to buy my albums at the record store,

any suggestions on good new places to get music or help getting youtubedownloader to work would be great.

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
hi, i havnt been downloading free music for a while. i used limewire but got frustrated with that then starting using youtubedownloader, i loved that but cant get that to work anymore, something about a flash player.

just looking to download single tracks over full albums. i still like to buy my albums at the record store,

any suggestions on good new places to get music or help getting youtubedownloader to work would be great.

Download Tubecaster... easy to use and you can either rip in mp3 or mp4.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Then obviously Spotify, is good for hearing an album before you get.

Play the tracks on Spotify and record them using Audacity. No viruses or spyware and decent quality recordings.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Are any of these sites legitimate in the sense you cant be done for pirating music?

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
or you could pay for it so the artists get their royalties and make more music - honestly, kids today, ffs......

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
or you could pay for it so the artists get their royalties and make more music - honestly, kids today, ffs......

At last, I thought I was going to get all the way through this thread before someone pointed this out.

If no one paid to watch the Albion how long would the club hold together?

If you carry on nicking music how long do you think we'll bother making it for?

FACT: Anyone who steals music is no better than a pikey on the rob.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
download: Torrent - a (very) tiny BitTorrent client

then go on to sites like isoHunt or The Pirate bay or Mininova

search for what song you what or whatever, download it so that it opens in utorrent and then the rest is easy from there.

its alot safer than limewire i think, u just need to check comments and feedback before you download stuff to see if its not fake or has a virus.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Tip: Listen to the music on youtube, then if you like the song. Why not spend 79 whole pence on it.

Or you could just f*** your computer up royally by downloading torrents...

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
Tip: Listen to the music on youtube, then if you like the song. Why not spend 79 whole pence on it.

Or you could just f*** your computer up royally by downloading torrents...

only if your stuipid

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
At last, I thought I was going to get all the way through this thread before someone pointed this out.

If no one paid to watch the Albion how long would the club hold together?

If you carry on nicking music how long do you think we'll bother making it for?

FACT: Anyone who steals music is no better than a pikey on the rob.

Two wrongs dont make a right, but the music companies are no better.

I'm of the belief that if your (not you personally!) music is good, then there will always be revenue streams, maybe not as profitable as old, but revenue none the less. Not enough to live on? Well lots of people have to run two jobs these days!

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Two wrongs dont make a right, but the music companies are no better.

I'm of the belief that if your (not you personally!) music is good, then there will always be revenue streams, maybe not as profitable as old, but revenue none the less. Not enough to live on? Well lots of people have to run two jobs these days!

I'm grateful to see that you are taking a reasonable view-point on this. I don't deny that the labels ripped us all off (musicians and music fans) in the 80's and 90's but downloading illegally hurts artists more than labels as in most cases the labels can handle the loss whereas for many artists the lack of a (albeit low level) royalty flow can make the difference between carrying on or jacking it in. It's true to say that we're all learning to adapt and find new revenue streams but regardless of all of that, theft is theft.

So, to all you cheapskates who don't see why you should pay for music, I hope your business is never undermined by criminals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here