Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

downloading films and watching them

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
cheers for the advice chaps

i reckon playing them once i get them will be ok , im sure i can work that out . but whats the quality like if you play via vga cable ?

also one more question , when i was using soulseek i could play the files when they werent fully downloaded ie check they werent corrupted etc. owever with utorrent when i play the files it says file format not supported even though its just an avi file.

im confused

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005

i reckon playing them once i get them will be ok , im sure i can work that out . but whats the quality like if you play via vga cable ?

also one more question , when i was using soulseek i could play the files when they werent fully downloaded ie check they werent corrupted etc. owever with utorrent when i play the files it says file format not supported even though its just an avi file.

im confused

There are a load of different types of avi's depending on the codec used.. Aas suggested above, try vlc player.

VGA > TV should look good enough.

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008

im confused

Utorrent doesnt download from start to finish, it downloads different blocks of the video at a time from different seeds, which ever is availible i assume, so you can be downloading the beginning middle and end at the same time. but cant watch it untill the whole thing has downloaded. this is what i have been told, and it seems to make sense. bit annoying though :shrug:

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Utorrent doesnt download from start to finish, it downloads different blocks of the video at a time from different seeds, which ever is availible i assume, so you can be downloading the beginning middle and end at the same time. but cant watch it untill the whole thing has downloaded. this is what i have been told, and it seems to make sense. bit annoying though :shrug:

This is true, some clients can play half downloaded files (erratically) but mostly you'll need to wait.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
not sure how long piratebay will be online for, but definitely use that, going through the 'top100' link is really useful for the most recent stuff (movies,games,music).
if your laptop has an hdmi port and you have an hd tv, you can just buy an hdmi lead that will supply both video and sound to the telly from your lappy which is nice.

make sure you download peerguardian2 if your going to download illegally, theres no guarentee you'll be tracked or that using peerguardian 2 will make you 100% safe but definitely helps

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
make sure you download peerguardian2 if your going to download illegally, theres no guarentee you'll be tracked or that using peerguardian 2 will make you 100% safe but definitely helps

It's pretty much a chocolate teapot, your IP is still on the tracker so if someone wants to know who is downloading then all they need to do is look at the tracker (something you have no control over).

BT Guard looks better (see NatterJack's post) but the only way not to get done is to not do it.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Mininova - then use ConvertX to convert DivX or .avi files to DVD files and play them on a normal DVD player.

Allegedly!

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
just got a new laptop so as its much faster i thought id be a naughty boy and download some films . what are the best sites to use by way of speed quality virus free etc. ive downloaded a few from soulseek which seem ok.

also how do you watch them ? i ws thinking just to connect lappy to tv by vga but how does it look . i suppose i could burn them to disc but i watch dvd's on my xbox and i doubt that it would play divx and avi files.

cheers:drink:

Keep doing it guys and then in a few years time someone can post the question: "Why don't people bother making films anymore?"

BHAboi

Jan 26, 2009
BHA
i use btjunkie to search films as it had a good review section so u dont keep downloading fakes or crappy cams

also u can use a memory stick for xbox but not burnt dvds

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here