Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

downloading films and watching them

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
just got a new laptop so as its much faster i thought id be a naughty boy and download some films . what are the best sites to use by way of speed quality virus free etc. ive downloaded a few from soulseek which seem ok.

also how do you watch them ? i ws thinking just to connect lappy to tv by vga but how does it look . i suppose i could burn them to disc but i watch dvd's on my xbox and i doubt that it would play divx and avi files.

cheers:drink:

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Naughty boys downloading naughty films. :lol:

I use Utorrents and Pirate Bay.

I use utorrent as well. Just type into google the name of the film you want, followed by the word Torrent, (ie, Slumdog Millionaire torrent), and use whatever site has the most "seeds"

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
not understanding that u torrent thingo. i click on download this torrent and you get a tiny little file that d/ls in a second that windows wont open

D

Deleted User X18H

I use utorrent as well. Just type into google the name of the film you want, followed by the word Torrent, (ie, Slumdog Millionaire torrent), and use whatever site has the most "seeds"

No you don't

To view most downloaded torrents, you'll need to either download VLC media player (free) or convert to DVD format with a programme (I've got DivXtoDVD). If your going to do it regularly, I'd also advise to get an anonymous torrent medium (BT Guard or similar) which lets you download without your Internet service provider (or anyone else) knowing.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
ok well i seem to be downloading a film without really understanding how the little client works but i suppose that will come in time.

now for that bt guard thing . is that to stop you getting nicked for illegal d/l's?

cheers chaps

Evil Edna

Roll the dice!
Jul 15, 2007
Where poet's live.
ok well i seem to be downloading a film without really understanding how the little client works but i suppose that will come in time.

now for that bt guard thing . is that to stop you getting nicked for illegal d/l's?

cheers chaps

The only 100% way not to get nicked is not do it. But if you are going to then try and stay away from popular torrents or new ones that are more likely to be watched.

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
just got a new laptop so as its much faster i thought id be a naughty boy and download some films . what are the best sites to use by way of speed quality virus free etc. ive downloaded a few from soulseek which seem ok.

also how do you watch them ? i ws thinking just to connect lappy to tv by vga but how does it look . i suppose i could burn them to disc but i watch dvd's on my xbox and i doubt that it would play divx and avi files.

cheers:drink:

Xbox will play avi, although you might need to download an upgrade for it. Your Xbox will promt you automatically if you dont have it, when you try and play the file, and its a very fast download. You have to have Xbox live to get it though obv. i use a USB stick plugged in the controller port to play videos :thumbsup:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Mininova is a decent site for starters, or failing that why not hit torrents | your bittorrent search which searches loads of different torrent sites so you can browse between them for whichever has the best options, a bit like a price comparison site.

I don't know about the 360 but on my PS3 I am able to play most file types either burned to a CD or, easier still, a USB stick.

If you want to play from your laptop to your TV you'll be wanting an LCD or plasma screen and the appropriate cable (S-Video/VGA), assuming your laptop has a video out (which it will do unless it's a complete piece of shit)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here