Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dowie has left Palace - Woooooo hoooooooooooooo

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Dick Knights Mum said:
You shouldn't need Goldberg to know that. He stitched Palace up good and proper. But apart from that there is not a lot to be said in his favour.
Very funny.:lol:
he has stitched us up twice.Early 80's and late 90's.Although you can not really blame him for taking the large sums of money that were waved at him by goldberg.If you are offered a huge salary you take it and run.And no-one is better than that than 'our Tel.'

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Why do people think AJ going is good news? If he goes for the reported 7-8million they'll have a shit load to spend on players.:(
That's assuming of course, that the money will be re-invested on the playing side. If it's not...:clap2:

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Deportivo Seagull said:
Here is a fact though ... the clubs that are showing interest are premiership clubs, what does that say of the footballing worlds opinion of Dowie.
Lets wait and see who follows it up. More likely to be Preston who were a championship side when I last looked.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
5 past Kuipers said:
I'll ...
Oldham fans would back me up on that.

It's strange-what with Kuipers being one of my favourite players, you being scum and that game being a horrendous memory- but I can't help finding your username and avatar quite amusing :ohmy:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
hahahahaha YEEEEAAAAAHHHH f*** off S. Jordan you CU NT :salute: :salute: :salute:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
garry nelsons left foot said:
It's strange-what with Kuipers being one of my favourite players, you being scum and that game being a horrendous memory- but I can't help finding your username and avatar quite amusing :ohmy:
I thought that, made me laugh!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
From the BBC

Boss Dowie leaves post at Palace

Crystal Palace boss Iain Dowie has left his position as manager of the Championship club by mutual consent.

The 41-year-old cited his desire to be closer to his family in the north as his reason for leaving a post he has held since December 2003. Dowie and chairman Simon Jordan denied reports they had fallen out in the wake of the club missing out on immediate promotion back to the Premiership.

Dowie has been linked with the jobs at Middlesbrough, Charlton and Ipswich. He has also been seen as a possible candidate to take over at Preston should the Deepdale club's current boss Billy Davies leave. Davies has been granted permission to speak to Charlton and will meet with the Addicks on Monday.

Palace finished sixth in the Championship but were beaten 3-0 over two legs in the play-offs by eventual winners Watford. Jordan has told Iain Dowie he would be unhappy if he were to take the Charlton job if it was offered to him. "I would be disappointed if Iain were to turn up at Charlton," Jordan said. "He understands my view. I have made this situation far less acrimonious than it could have been."

But Dowie refused to rule himself out of the Charlton running. "Unlike Simon, I'm not independently wealthy, so I would like to be in a job. I need to work for a living and I need to consider everything that is on offer. Obviously, some things would be better than others. The family issue has been a problem, but perhaps it is also time for another challenge, too."

What the f*** has it got to do with Simon Jordan where Iain Dowie goes now that he has been sacked? Like I said, we all know what 'mutal consent' means.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Just got in from work thought it was a wind up :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: what tits. whatever next mark mcgee resigning from the albion?

Last edited:

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
garry nelsons left foot said:

Yeah, I was thinking that as well - genuinely funny username and avatar, despite their origins they made me smile. In a horrible, damaged, thought-I'd-buried-that-painful-memory-much-deeper sort of way...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Pleeeeeeeeease let Mick McCarthy get the Palace job
:angel:

I imagine Jordan will go for a young up & coming manager however, as his ego wouldn't cope with another boss who had a brain and an opinion.

I hope Dowie goes to Charlton, just to piss that tosser off.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The way I see it if Johnson had left a year ago he'd be in the Prem and on the plane to Germany, while Dowie would have brought in the 3 or 4 players needs for automatic promotion with the Johnson money.

Jordan is a cock for tying Dowie's hands re Johnson. They were always a few players light this season - no Routledge or Julian Gray for instance.

Dowie is a good manager, he should get a club at least as big as Palace. Jordan's reputation for being a difficult chairman is growing, and who would want the job now? Dowie is well-respected in football circles and will tell it like it is, bringing more shame to SE25.

Dowie was easily the best thing about Palace. Let's be clear, they would have been a mediocre Championship mid-table (or lower) team over the last three seasons if it hadn't been for him. And he was always good for a quote - displaying more intelligence than the whole of the rest of the population of Croydon combined.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here