Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dowie has left Palace - Woooooo hoooooooooooooo

5 past Kuipers

Is that the time?
Feb 22, 2006
Tunbridge Wells
The Large One said:
His footballing knowledge and tactical awareness are excellent

I'll give you the former but you must be kidding regarding the latter.

You are right about him as a person though. We'll miss him. But he does seem to be a manager who has a great short term record only to make some weird selections and substitutions after the honeymoon period.

Oldham fans would back me up on that.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Deportivo Seagull said:
Only partly right ... he is ugly, but he's arguably the best manager in the championship. Only an idiot would sack someone like Dowie .... Only an idiot for a palace fan would be pleased he's going ..... say's it all really.
And from the outside people rate magoo:bowdown:
The jury is out on Dowie at Palace.Not only was he allowed to keep Johnson but he was backed with more money than any other team this season in the championship and achieved f*** all.
The football has been the worst for years .So get your facts right and dont believe all the sun says or you will be telling me Venables is a good manager too:lolol:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Dick Knights Mum said:
I assume his brother and the ex-rugby league trainer will be going as well. That's the downside as far as him coming to the Albion - we can't afford the extra staff.
You couldn`t afford their tracksuits for starters.:rolleyes:

5 past Kuipers

Is that the time?
Feb 22, 2006
Tunbridge Wells
butchy said:
an exodus of biblical proportion is on the cards!!

Ward, Hall, Soares – file under ‘good riddance’

Johnson and Kiraly – file under ‘very sad but inevitable, and thanks for the cash and memories’

Hughes, Reich, Leigertwood, Freedman, Morrison – file under ‘meh!’

Boyce, McAnuff, Watson – file under ‘please God, no’

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
26-10-02 said:
The jury is out on Dowie at Palace.Not only was he allowed to keep Johnson but he was backed with more money than any other team this season in the championship and achieved f*** all.
The football has been the worst for years .So get your facts right and dont believe all the sun says or you will be telling me Venables is a good manager too:lolol:

Actually my cousin knows Mark Goldberg quite well and from what he says Venables is a crook and a con man. The problems that Palace had at the time had a lot to do with Venables.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
This is a dreadful move by Jordan.

AJ will go, Dowie now gone, they will be mid-table fodder next season.

:dance:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
5 past Kuipers said:
Ward, Hall, Soares – file under ‘good riddance’

Johnson and Kiraly – file under ‘very sad but inevitable, and thanks for the cash and memories’

Hughes, Reich, Leigertwood, Freedman, Morrison – file under ‘meh!’

Boyce, McAnuff, Watson – file under ‘please God, no’
I see shades of Venables 1982 mass exodus to QPR.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
bhaexpress said:
Actually my cousin knows Mark Goldberg quite well and from what he says Venables is a crook and a con man.

You shouldn't need Goldberg to know that. He stitched Palace up good and proper. But apart from that there is not a lot to be said in his favour.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dick Knights Mum said:
You shouldn't need Goldberg to know that. He stitched Palace up good and proper. But apart from that there is not a lot to be said in his favour.

LOL, yes, I wouldn't trust our Tezza much !

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
26-10-02 said:

I don't read papers, I also work with palarse fans so I do get it from the Palarse point of view, very long faces around here at the mo ... and what would you know about facts ... it's all about opinion, try not to get fact and opinion confused, it'll just confuse you. Has it occurred to you that last season and the season before that you over achieved and that this year you reached your level, maybe you still over achieved.
Here is a fact though ... the clubs that are showing interest are premiership clubs, what does that say of the footballing worlds opinion of Dowie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here