Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doug Loft

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
parks said:
Wasn't his knock into the box that caused Bignot to score an own goal?

Yeah got us a point, really awful....

Cough *hart* cough

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I'm not a Loft fan by any means, but the change was about the system, rather than him simply having a stinker. Loft isn't a forward, and Robinson was a much better option on the left side.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Loft will allways look bad while playing in a light weight young team. He has good technique and has scored a couple of crackers, but he is not able to look after himself, if he was playing in a more experienced team he wood probably do ok like alot of the other youngsters!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Doug needs to be shipped off to Converange regional level on loan, get a bit more experience and confidence and I think he can be a reasonable squad player but he looks a long way off at the moment.

:nono:

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
Withdean Wanderer said:
don't have SW...i swear it was Hart, but fair enough if it wasn't.

(I am a fan of Loft, so am not going knocking him)

Actually, even having looked at PTV, its not 100% clear, but I do seem to think it was Loft to Hart, but the defender got it instead. Sort of looks like it could have gone down that way, don't think Harty got to it.

But anyway, I like him too, but people are a bit quick to judge, how many games has he actually played in the professional leagues? Let's give him a chance.

Parks

vulture said:
He runs like he needs to find a toilet to have a runny shit
There is something disturbingly Turienzo-like about his ungainly running.

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
To be fair, Jake was no better when he came on Saturday...but then he's a favourite amongst most fans at the moment, so we'll overlook that

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I must admit I don't rate him, he looks well out of his depth. Strange thing is though on occasions he has looked like he might do ok but most of the time I don't quite get it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Elms said:
To be fair, Jake was no better when he came on Saturday...but then he's a favourite amongst most fans at the moment, so we'll overlook that
Fair point. Jake had a stinker. Unfortunately for us, we have a number of young players in the squad who just arnt up to it at the moment, and I'm not convinced they ever will be.

Robinson has had a couple of years now in and around the first team, but he's never built on his promising start. OK, playing in the CCC is a tough learning curve, but by now I'd have expected to have seen signs that he can really cut it at this level and get in amongst the goals. Its just not happening though.

I've yet to see anything from Gatting yet either. His touch is poor, he's not particularly quick, he gets brushed off the ball, and he doesn't seem to get into the positions he needs to as a striker. Not even sure what his shooting is like, as he rarely seems to be in a position to have a crack at goal.

Loft, as discussed on this thread already, just doesn't seem to have what it takes. He's very lightweight, it doesn't take much to mark him out of a game. At times he looks neat and tidy on the ball, but I'm struggling to remember him ever making a real impact on the game, or contributing something worthwhile.

I liked the look of Rents, he got better as the game went on. And Cox is doing very well. Lynch will definately improve with experience (he could really do with playing alongside a decent experienced CB to bring him along). Fraser might be ok. But I'm afraid when it comes to Robinson, Loft and Gatting, I just don't see them getting significantly better, and we're not in a position to wait for years to see their "promise" come out. Its not through lack of effort, and its not their fault they'ev been thrown into the 1st team before they're really ready, but as I say, I still need a lot of convincing that they're really going to make it as players at this level.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I think Robinson needs games. But I think you are right on Loft and Gatting. Gatting never ever looks like scoring for the first team. It was weird because he got a lot of goals for the youth but most of them seems to be scuffed pee rollers and that just won't cut it at this level.

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Elms said:

I disagree, thought Robinson did well when he came on, always prepared to run at the defence although his control let him down on some occasions.

Would like to see him play in the middle with Williams or Revell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here