Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doug Loft

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Very poor.

Was right to be substituted, and credit to the Deans for making the change when others may have held out a while longer - too long. Even if he honest with himself, he would admit he was having a stinker, and it showed in his body language.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I think he is better as a substitute right now. Obviously he did not perform up to par yesterday, but he is young and will only improve. What I think the main problem with our squad is right now, is a lack of consistency. Whether it be all the players seemingly randomly selected per match (Gatting, Molango, Frutos, Chamberlain, Robinson, Mayo, Rents, Fraser) or the goal keeping situation. Also, the switching of wings between Cox and Loft yesterday did not seem to help.

We need some stability, I know everyone deserves there chance but right now it seems we are picking the team from out of a hat.

KPTF

Jan 6, 2004
Burgess Hill
seagull4life said:
he is young and will only improve.

Disagree. He looks out of his depth at this level, a bit headless and not going to cut it as a pro.

I do agree that we need a bit more stability in the team selections, though. Continuity is vital.

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
hove born&bred said:
Loft is not up to League 1 standard fact

Agree he shouldn't be in the starting team, but give him time and he will develop, he can't get worse and with all the abuse I'm sure NSC will provide for him, his confidence is sure to go down.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
seagull4life said:
Agree he shouldn't be in the starting team, but give him time and he will develop, he can't get worse and with all the abuse I'm sure NSC will provide for him, his confidence is sure to go down.

Time is not available at present we need players up to standard now otherwise we will continue in free fall.

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Beach Hut said:
Time is not available at present we need players up to standard now otherwise we will continue in free fall.

I mean playing in the reserves, on loan or if all else fails as a substitute, without all the heckling...we need to think of him as a player for the future, not now like we are unfortunately forcing upon most of our youth.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
To be fair to the lad he did look really down when he was taken off. I think he knows he had a bad game and his face showed that he is going to work hard to improve his game. People on here are to quick to critise players. I hope he does improve and am sure he will drive himself on to get better.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Didn't look good on the right, looked nervous whenever he had the ball, his first touch let him down. When he got moved to the left wing, he didn't find the ball atall and looked totally lost. Quite rightly got subsituted for Jakey.

I don't think he was anywhere near as bad as some on here are making out, and commenst from twats like Dwayne who wasn't even at the game don't help.

His first touch wasn't brilliant sometimes and he did look nervous when he got the ball, but I thought he was playing with concern for his defensive duties, rather than his normal game of going forward through the middle. He did work hard to track back and made a couple of good tackles during his brief stint. Credit to Wilkins, he could see that it wasn't working and changed it very early, however it was clear that it wasn't working because he'd picked the wrong players to start with.

I like having Loft on the bench, I think he gives good impetus and energy when he comes on. Whenever I've seen him play for the reserves he has always looked very good.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
time to develop ha , he's not 14 ffs. basically he is no where near good enough + needs shipping out

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
I don't think he was anywhere near as bad as some on here are making out, and commenst from twats like Dwayne who wasn't even at the game don't help.

His first touch wasn't brilliant sometimes and he did look nervous when he got the ball, but I thought he was playing with concern for his defensive duties, rather than his normal game of going forward through the middle. He did work hard to track back and made a couple of good tackles during his brief stint. Credit to Wilkins, he could see that it wasn't working and changed it very early, however it was clear that it wasn't working because he'd picked the wrong players to start with.

I like having Loft on the bench, I think he gives good impetus and energy when he comes on. Whenever I've seen him play for the reserves he has always looked very good.

:clap: :clap:

And he was being played out of position

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Kylies Stunt Arse said:

I definately agree - I've been really impressed with him when he has come on as sub. He is the sort of player that can add a new option in the midfield when he comes on - He's not and probably never will be a 90 minute man though.

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
dwayne said:
I knew after 5 minutes on his debut vs QPR absolutely AWFUL

Wasn't his knock into the box that caused Bignot to score an own goal?

Yeah got us a point, really awful....

Oct 25, 2003
he'll never be anything more than a headless chicken type player. Pretty quick, likes to get stuck in and has good stamina

hasn't got much else

whether we need a headless chicken type player is another matter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here